MIDI CC117

I use a line 6 Helix to control my BB. When I switch presets on my Helix my tempo on my BB changes to what I want. I also use the tap tempo on my Helix to control my tap tempo on my BB. The problem I have is when I shut everything down and start back up my tap tempo portion does not work but my presets still change my tempo on the BB, I have to go to the settings on my BB and just disable CC117 and than enable CC117 again than it all works till I shut down again. Has anybody had this problem or knows what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

Which version of the firmware are you using? Does this happen with version 1.85?

Here is the latest version of the firmware (1.85): http://mybeatbuddy.com/firmware/

My BB has 1.8.5 not 1.85 is that the same

I’ve been working with the SoftStep 2 to setup start ,stop, drum fill, transition as well as song/folder. I’ve been playing around will tap tempo and I’ve run into the same issue as described here. After powering up the BB I need to disable and then re-enable Tap Tempo (CC-117). Once I do this it works as long as the BB is powered up.

Thank you for the reply. I wish I could say I figured it out. My Beat Buddy just sits on the floor and I use the software to play my drums.

Hi there, I just purchased a BeatBuddy and have firmware 1.8.5 installed and am trying to control tap tempo with a Behringer FCB1010 midi footswitch and have the same problem - I have to disable/enable tap temp in the midi settings of the BeatBuddy for it to accept the tap tempo midi message from the FCB1010. Has anyone or support found a fix for this issue? All other midi control settings seem to be working fine?

Hey Buzz no fix that I seen yet

I am hoping support may chime in on this issue?

Trying to figure out how to watch this thread?

Click on Watch Thread at the top of this page. If you signed up with your email address, you’ll get notifications.

Thanks!

I also have the same issue cc117 does not work until I go into the menu and click on enable every time I start up. I am also on the latest firmware.