MIDI command for direct song selection

Any update on this?

It will be in the MIDI expansion release which is due very soon. We are very close to an alpha testing stage for song part 2:30 limit removal.

Thank you for your patience, nearly there!

2 Likes

Using OnSong to send Bluetooth program change command through Midi Maestro to the Beat Buddy and Aeros. Both should both be ready to start the same song from the same command. Not many live acts need more than 128 songs, so just need MIDI PC 0-127.
Thank you

I use Setlist maker in order to send PC commands to the beatbuddy, midicontroller and pedals etc and looking forward to do the same with the Aeros. although I agree that 128 songs is more then enough for a single act… I would believe that the aeros should provide the capability to save as many songs as you wish (bank O = 0 to 127 ; bank 1= 0 to 127; etc) so that songs can be mapped into songs app such as OnSong, setlist maker etc or midi controller for once. You certainly don’t want to remap songs for every performance.

1 Like

I like your long term idea, but was thinking more of a temporary “quick fix.” Whatever songs are loaded into Aeros internal memory are given PC values 0-127.
My MIDI program changes are also controlling a keyboard patch and guitar fx pedal, so I need everything ready with one command. The fact that Aeros requires fiddling with between songs, does not allow me to sell my Boss RC-505.

2 Likes

Then in total agreement with you, I could live with that kind of temporary fix… As it is a real pain to work with pre recorded loop with the Aeros in a live situation at the moment. The only work around I found is to organize the songs in the same order as I plan to play them. With every new song selection, I send the Control change 35 to get to the song page and then scroll manually using the down button. That limit the fiddling a little but it is not as efficient as a direct PC command would be.

1 Like

This is now in beta stage! Test it for yourselves!

This is done :tada: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I run Aeros as the master, Midimastro into Aeros to Beat Buddy. I do that so I can set end song or change paper to end of loop. I want to be able to assign a Beat Buddy song to an Aeros song so when I change songs they both go to the songs I want.

This is possible please check out this post on all the ways to utilize this: