midi files and beatbuddy

The eagle has landed and my beatbuddy is almost here…I use to play with midi files years ago…edited them…took out everything but drums and base and turned things up and down and set tempo…etc…these files were full songs…they took away from being original…thanks to beatbuddy…I can play with drums again because the places I play drummers get to loud…my question is this…what I have been doing to get ready for my beatbuddy is…I have took my midi files the full songs…and took parts from them…
an intro count in rim shoot for example and made a seperate midi file and put it in a folder on computer…then I took the entire midi song of mine again and I cut out about 4 measures of the verse drums…and saved it as a seperate midi named verses…am I on the right track??? Then do I import these seperate midi files…intro midi…verse midi…and import them to the manager software in the correct position within your song you save on your beat buddy…and computer…I want to use it asap so I was trying to be ready…thanks blurry

Yes, that’s exactly right :slight_smile:

Each midi drum file can be a verse, chorus, fill or transition. You just place them in the right place in the BB manager.

Make sure the drums are mapped to the standard general MIDI mapping.

Ok great…thank you very much…!!!