Midi Maestro and a Midi patchbay merger

Yep that would work

1 Like

Thanks Brennan. And if I wanted to use the MC6 to control another non-SS device after the Aeros, I would just send a cable from the Aeros MIDI out to the MIDI in of the other device, and make sure the MIDI out/in channel is set appropriately on both devices, right? The Aeros is always set to Midi Thru as I understand it.

1 Like

Correct Aeros has MIDI thru capabilities, so it should work fine yes

2 Likes

Hi Brennan … I am a new user. I have spent an hour searching through the forum. I think this is possibly the most relevant thread and you may be the best person to ask. I have a BB, Aeros and 2 x MM.

I have found a lot of info explaining how to chain a MM into a BB into an Aeros including: AEROS Loop Studio + BeatBuddy + MIDI Maestro - MIDI Connectivity - YouTube

My question is whether it is possible and makes sense to use 1 x MM to control the BB and 1 x MM to control the Aeros but still be able to get the BB to act as a master clock? or would it be better for me to stick to using Aeros as a midi slave, BB as the midi master clock and MM as the Master Midi controler for both devices? Any help or advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I would put both MMs in the front and set one to only affect BB and one only affect Aeros

MM > MM > BB > Aeros

Yes this is perfectly fine to do, the MM has MIDI thru and what comes in will go out

1 Like

Many thnaks Brennan …

1 Like

My pleasure