MIDI Maestro App Beta Thread: BEAST-MODE=ON

Thanks Joe,

What version of Android do they run?

Cheers,

Ian

Sorry, should have mentioned that: Marshmallow and Pie.

Thanks for the info, my ZTE A462 is running Android 6.0.1 whic I believe is Marshmellow but it still does not show the big cross properly on the find Command screen. It is not scrollable either.

I have given Singular Sound my phone specs, so hopefully a new version will come out.

I don’t believe it is the android version that is causing you the issue. Rather the screen resolution of your devices, both ZTE phones have approx 400 x 800 screens which are quite low. The Lenovo tabs are HD screens at least 1260 X 800, so can display more info at once. Which means the blue plus sign is visible. My devices are a pixel 4 and a Tab A 10.1 which have 1440 x 2960 and 1920x1200 resolution. I know you probably don’t want to hear this, but it might be time to upgrade your phone or get a recent cheap tablet with a HD screen. Or maybe the developer can work around the low resolution screen, but that will take time.

OK Thanks for your reply. I have an iPhone and an iPad I just borrowed the Android phone. I guess I will wait for the IOS version.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Regards,

Ian

Any updates on the Midi Maestro app for Iphone?

https://forum.singularsound.com/t/midi-control/18911/2

BIG problem - updated the Android app to the latest version from Google Play - updated the MM to the latest firmware version (1.07) via the app which worked fine … now, when trying to create a new command it let’s me input the MIDI channel & CC command # … but now the value line is gone … I de-installed & re-installed the app with the same result - the CC value line is gone … am I missing something - it definitively was there in the previous version of the app …

It’s definitely there for me. Could it be a screen resolution/scrolling issue? That seems to be a common issue these days.

What device are you using?

Cheers Joe for the prompt reply - it’s a Samsung S6 … I’m using Swiftkey as a input keyboard - I have a suspicion that it is hiding the value input behind it or maybe as you suggested a resolution/scrolling issue …

That seems to be a recent refrain – may have been a problem all along, but they only recently added enough new controls to exceed the normal screen size. May @iajrz can have a look, see if there’s a scrolling issue on smaller screens.

Can you scroll down – maybe grab and slide?

TheWolf
The S6 has a Quad HD 2560x1440 screen so that is unlikely to be the problem. Can you try again with either the samsung keyboard or Gboard and let us know if you get different results. You may have to do a phone restart to flush the SwiftKey overlay out.
I have tried SwiftKey on my phone and I can see everything. Have you tried pressing the down arrow on the bottom left hand side of the keyboard to hide the keyboard?

Update: Just tried it on an S6, I have the same issue, cannot see the value field.

Hi SytRep,
Yes - did already try the up*down arrows on SwiftKey - no success - will try your suggestions with Samsung keyboard later.
Funny thing is it seems to take a CC# value because if I press return after inputting a CC# and press return and then input a value and press return again the app comes back with the option to save. If I transfer the command to the MM it takes it - sadly a lot commands I just still can’t get to work, but I take that done not being that familiar with Midi commands.
Anyways, coming back to the screen problem - above mentioned scenario makea me think there is something hidden behind the keyboard - crazy as it was working with the previous app release…

Hey! It’d be cool to see a screenshot of what you guys are catching!

I’m doing a few bug-fixes in this release while the next one, which unlocks some exciting MIDI Maestro new features, is brewing.

Thanks for checking this out!

I have attached a couple of screen shots from my phone to illustrate what I’m seeing … Hope you can see the jpegs - don’t know if I’m attaching them correctly…
Cheers,
Wolf

It is the scrolling! As I mentioned, I’m working on a patch for this release. It will contain a fix for that.

Elaborating a bit more on that:

Not everyone has, for instance, text the same size. So even people with the same screen resolution have different amounts of UI visible on-screen.

We accidentally didn’t take this into account for this particular screen. There are still other (more complicated to fix) places where this may (or may not!) show up, so if you do find them, let us know.

1 Like

Cheers @iajrz for the prompt reply - when do you think this patch will be available - happy to do testing before release if that helps …

We ARE testing before release!
:slight_smile:

:grin: