MIDI Maestro App Beta Thread: BEAST-MODE=ON

(Well, it IS the Beta thread…)
:slight_smile:

It’s up!

If any of you can’t see the release, please let me know because that’d mean you’re not enrolled in the closed beta program. I can add you with the Google account e-mail that you use on your android device.

Hi @iajrz - I can’t see the release - can you please add me?

Cheers,
Wolf

DM me the Google account email associated with the device, I’ll send you an opt-in link.

Hey @iajrz Irving!

Downloaded the new version and don’t see anything new. Can you tell me what I’m missing? Or is this the bugfix update you mentioned, with new features in the next iteration?

I quick what’s new is always welcome!

Thanks!

Nor do I, just the same problems caused by low screen resolution.

Make sure you update to the current MM version (released about 12 hours ago - I had similar issues and this update definitely fixed this issue - there are others outstanding, but it finally looks like the MM gets a bit more development attention - fingers crossed.

Question guys,
How do I program the command “Next Part” or “Previous Part” including a transition with one button press?
Many thanks in advance, Wolf

You have to include two commands – the “next part” command and the “finish transition” command. It won’t work the same as on your main pedal (which holds the transition while the pedal is down and finishes the transition on release) because the MM doesn’t have a concept of press and release, only press. I’m hoping it will have a HOLD function, but it does not – yet (@iajrz, please? :slight_smile: )

@JoeInOttawa the MM does have that concept :wink: you can see it for yourself using the Next Part command in the BB Mode.

It’s coming really soon to a custom mode near you. In fact it’s implemented and tested. We’re rounding out the release with other improvements before releasing it to you.

MM has been getting serious developer attention for a long time. It’s been a tough road, and I’d rather look forward than backward in this matter.
If you notice the version name (open the drawer menu and scroll to the bottom) it’s “baseline-3”; previos was “baseline-2”. It has minor improvements. If we have more baseline-# releases, the changes will be incremental there, too.

The next version with bigger changes will be “cadence-1”, and it will require you to update the MM’s firmware, default modes, and to send your custom modes into the MM again.

1 Like

So I am GETTING my wish, but I don’t yet HAVE my wish – is that what you;re saying? Hold vs Release is in an upcoming, umm, release?

That would be fantastic!

Again, VERY exciting! There will be instructions somewhere for updating?

It’s actually straightforward: Open the drawer menu (top left icon on the main screen) and select “Update Firmware”. :smile: Current “baseline” version of the app is compatible with Firmware up to 1.0.7, though, so the firmware upgrade to the latest can only happen with the upcoming “cadence” version of the app.

I was making a subtle distinction – the device knows how to tell between press and release.

The “baseline” version of the app doesn’t know how to tell the MM that a certain command needs to be sent on press or on release, but the upcoming “cadence” version will know how to do it.

Cheers Joe - just for my understanding again - you have to program the command for previous or next part and the transition command in the same program change, i. e. not as a toggle command… I’m not very MIDI firm I’m afraid - all pretty new to me.
Love the whole MM concept and looking very much forward to the future :sunglasses::notes::+1:

Yes, I am almost positive that if you “stack” the commands, the BB will start the transition and move to the specified part when the transition ends. It just won’t hold the transition (yet – but it sounds like it will soon) if you hold the button down.

The only reason I am not completely positive is I don’t have the app open in front of me.

1 Like

Re: Subtle distinction" that’s what I was hoping, and that distinction is actually not so subtle once we can take advantage of it.

It’s really nice that you’re on the case and are interacting and answering questions here. It should help things move forward. Kudos to you, @BeatBuddy_Support and @DavidPackouz for getting you involved here.

I just updated the firmware on the midi maestro and now custom mode doesn’t work.

How can i load the original version that came with it??

Hi Churchman, I had a similar issue initially. What worked for me was completely unplugging the MM for 10mins or so AND doing a full app stop, using settings or whatever works best on your phone. Once they were up and going again it all worked fine apart from 1x command. I made a new command that was the same as before and that worked fine. Give it a go and let us know how it goes.