MIDI Maestro Commands

When you have your app in front of you tell me what to look for. I don’t think you’re referring to “toggle” because I’ve used that and tried it also.

I don’t see a way to do what you’re suggesting but I think you are correct. Maybe the OS for iPhone is missing that?

I know I talked to @iajrz about this, and I could have sworn he had added it to the (Android) app. I’ll try to find some time to look for it. It’s likely somewhere in this thread if you want to go hunting for yourself in the mean time: https://forum.singularsound.com/t/midi-maestro-app-beta-thread-beast-mode-on

You must be referring to the Android app but I’m an iPhone Apple OS user which is the weaker platform now with less working features apparently. I can’t even load the BB custom mode with it (according to Jay/support) I borrowed my friend’s Android and his app looks and works very different that’s the Apple app. So, in the mean time I’d been just playing with various custom commands building my own trying to figure it out. If I had a sniffer to read what the MM was sending out from the MM using the main BB mode it would tell me. What do you use as a sniffer?
I’m sort of dead in the water till the release an iPhone version that works. That is a real disappointment to me after investing $300 based on the add.

https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

There are others for the Mac as well.

1 Like

This is a reply from Jay:
Hi Tom,

For purposes of the BeatBuddy, use CC-113 exclusively (the CC-102 is more for the Aeros if you want that command to be ignored by the BeatBuddy).

The order of the commands is the order you want the BeatBuddy to respond to the commands. You would need to play the transition fill before the exit, so if let’s say you are going part 2 = you’d put 2 as the value for the transition and then 0 as the exit value when ready to exit the transition (depending on how many bars you want the transition value to play for).

​The > symbol indicates “larger than”, so “>0” means any value larger than 0. This would be 1 or above.

Keep Rockin’!
Jay, BeatBuddy’s roadie

I really wanted to know specifically how to code the command. Is he saying I can have CC 113 followed by a value of 1 followed by 0 in the same command? I don’t have a button release command on the iPhone app like you mentioned.

I hear ya, but there are lots of reasons why Android takes precedence when you have a limited development budget and can only pursue one development leg at a time.

Can’t comment on the ads, as I haven’t really been watching them closely. That said, have you considered getting a hold of a cheap Android tablet for this? I know it sucks to spend more money on it, but I just bought an Amazon Fire 7 for $50 (Canadian) strictly as a controller for something else, and I’m betting you could get something similar (and similarly cheap). A dedicated programmer/controller for that kind of money is really very reasonable.

Anyway, Happy Holidays!

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.11.55 AM
I can see from recording the steps to send a start command CC 114 follow by the pattern of the song beginning then the Next Pattern button from the BB mode (not custom) it sends the CC 113 126 then sends CC 113 0 which is what I’ve tried to do but the iPhone app either is missing a way to do it or I’m nuts. I have put two commands back to back in order as seen CC 113 126 and CC 113 0 but it just keeps looping the transition. There should be a way to use the button release to send the second CC 113 0 but there isn’t such an animal. Just wanted you to see what I see. I put out a message locally for an Android to use.

Putting 2 commands in sequence won’t work, it is too quick for the BB to respond to. You could try setting the button as a toggle. That way one press intimates the next part, the second press sends the zero value which will end the loop. This will need 2 presses on the same button to go to the next part.
The android version allows actions on press and on release, so 113-127 on press the 113-0 on release which works well. Either borrow someone’s Android phone or wait for the next release of the iPhone app. Not ideal I know but at least you can see it working this way.

'Rep

I have a demonstration on controlling the Beat Buddy with another pedal. Should work same.
https://youtu.be/cpQG96oUvRc

3 Likes

So are you saying you can’t have one command on press and one on release?

@tERRY_mARTIN
You can have up to 8 commands on press and 8 on release, the most I’ve used is 5. The work around I posted is for iOS users as they don’t yet have the press and release functionality.

1 Like

If Android app is superior to IOS, has anyone tried an Android emulator?

I actually pursued solutions down this rabbit hole. As far as I can tell, it won’t work.

I am going to try to find time to play with an emulator on a Mac running Parallels.

good luck

Anyone else having issues with accent hit commands on MM? I’ve tried using the saved commands on MM and they’re not working…I have created a custom mode on MM with BB commands on channel 1 and AEROS on channel 3, everything else is working…

A post was split to a new topic: BeatBuddy drum set MIDI mapping?

I‘m having the same issue. Problem is, it used to work and now I switched on my MM after 6 months and the presets are gone.
I am quite upset, that the developers don‘t manage to provide a device and software which works intuitively and that all issues have to be looked up in a forum. I mean, the BB and MM aren‘t cheap at all. Instead of developing the Aeros they should have fixed bugs and offer a nice software. BB manager is a real pain to work with and the workflow of the MM app is poor.

I use my MM. Recently as you mentioned I went out to a job and all my presets were gone. I was in shock. I had time to pull up my phone and bring them back. Also, occasionally if the power goes out or something I find it re-sets to the Beat Buddy format or “factory” presets. I just press the button on the back and select “custom” and they are still there. I suppose we need a backup. I bought a cheap Android phone just to program my MM when I discovered the iPhone app didn’t work well at all and basically useless. I love the BB and the MM but agree I think they rushed it out before fully testing the app and/or having the support ready for it to be fully functional (user edits) If anyone just used it out of the box with factory pre-sets it’s not a problem but most users don’t buy it for that, we want it custom. Mine works well now but it took a lot of work getting it to behave the way I wanted.

1 Like

Got mine working yesterday. You have to assign a switch off signal to button release otherwise it doesn‘t stop the Transition fill.
I wonder why the singular sound guys don‘t implement fixtures for common usage.:thinking: