Midi Maestro: Custom Mode doesn't work HELP!

Just create your own commands and replace the default ones with your own.
To delete the default ones just click the bin icon so it goes red. It will go when you save

SytRep
Just create your own commands and replace the default ones with your own.
To delete the default ones just click the bin icon so it goes red. It will go when you save

Have created my own commands but bold (default) commands have bins greyed out so they can’t be deleted.

Ah. Have sussed it. Change chanmel on a default and the red bin is then available when saved.

1 Like

Thanks for this I got my working finally. After maybe a year of waiting.

WARNING: Custom Mode: where to start to claim false advertising is an understatement.

Everyone seems very accomodating about this but seriously…

1)IOS - does not work …people if you want to program this thing with IOS it does not work, end of story.
No delete option, no click down no click up option etc.
However these funtions and the expression pedal functions are well documented in the manual.(which is a great looking document it has to be said).

It is a pity it the manual does not represent the actual final product, but the product that singular sound would like to make one day. (which i am sure will be great if you have time for the journey)

1. Templates of the Beat Buddy and Aeros pre loaded functions - dont’ exist why not put them on the browse custom modes site for IOS? cause they do not work i presume.

2. Which mean you would have to buy an android phone to try and program it…but warning, review the forum before you lay out another few hundred on that phone because people are having issues there also.

End result i broke out my many years old midi pedal programmed the buttons and it worked first time with Aeros and Beat Buddy together (Fractal MFC-101)…Midi Maestro well unfortunately if you want to use the custom mode forget about it either don’t buy or put in the cupboard.Lesson learned

I really wanted to be supportive and help the new guys succeed with $$ but you have to want to yourselves Singular sound, pre-releaseing Alpha or Beta product to the world as a Gold / production release product doesn’t cut it anymore. Or at the very least state that the functionality isnt available yet in the documentation.

Happy to discuss further SS if you want.

2 Likes

The MM ios app definitely is not in good shape, we will admit to that, but it is very nearly at a working place, almost all the things you have mentioned are working as expected in current alpha tested version we are very nearly at the mark where iOs is as the level of android

We apologize for this inconvenience and we promise work has not stopped on this project, we are also working in parallel on an amazing redesign for both apps.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to win you back some day soon :slight_smile:

In other words the iOS app is still not even in beta state. How long until iOS users will actually be able to use the MM as advertised?IIRC the MM was introduced on winter NAMM 2018, 3 full years ago. People have been waiting for ages for the Hardware to finally become available (first ETA was May 2018) only to find out there was no manual and no app yet. When the iOS app finally arrived end of 2020 it turned out to be useless and still didn’t enable users to program the MM as advertised. This is still the situation, it doesn’t work as advertised over 3 years after it was introduced. Also People have been encouraged to preorder with false promises for ages. If you want to keep your paying customers from returning their very expensive paper weights you better deliver a functional app very soon. I don’t know what could possibly cause the dev to take so long. This is not where you want to cut costs, the iOS app has to be done right otherwise the whole product is pointless.

1 Like

We understand the sentiment, we are also very pressed for this to be ready, the developers are confident progress will be more constant now as we are expanding the team with developers that have iOS specialization to fortify iOS and get it to the point it needs to be.

We are well aware how behind we are but we have not given up on making this a superior product by giving you guys the app you deserve (which the redesign is very much intended to be).

To clarify, the iOS app you have available is an official version, but the version being tested is an alpha.

We know we are late but we will not stop until we have made it viable as it very well can be.

Thank you for your feedback