Midi maestro expression pedal

I have my MM setup on a guitar pedal board and was wanting to setup the expression pedal on the maestro and then be able to send to whichever pedal I would like to use it at, right now it looks like I can only send this to 1 device? I also see it has incrementing and decrementing commands? How does that work from what I’ve seen it’s 1 control number and it uses it to determine pedal position. I’m new to midi and am still learning.

I’ve been trying to get this working for volume expression for a while via maestro to BB using expression and the app , cc108 but it does not work ,
Tempo no problems ,

I’m now using a separate expression pedal programmable source audio reflex that works fine but is overkill for such a simple command .

As I’ve had no response from singular sound I guess there is a problem . We are in the hands of singular sound ( I’ve sent videos to them as well )

1 Like

I am in the same position. Im currently using a volume pedal inline with the BB output.
I would like to control the BB volume via expression pedal. I hope the support team can give us direction.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Brennan, is the midi maestro expression problem where near completion , ie control volume via expression
Best
Grant

We ae working on it and hope to have something very soon for you all, thanks for the question

Is it possible to use an expression pedal through MM to control the volume of channel six on the Aeros? This would allow me to turn down channel 6 even though I can’t mute it from MM.

Through the Aeros you can
But you need to go in the mixer and select the track 6 (if this what you mean with channel)
Don’t forget to set the Pedal On onto the settings>Pedal

1 Like

OK cool thank you so I could use an expression pedal plugged into the Aeros to reduce the volume of just track six? That would be awesome because otherwise it’s a little cumbersome to faded out. Are you saying that I would have to go into the Lupa pedal to select track six before using the expression pedal? Or is it possible to pre-define that it only fades track six? Thanks.

YES, you need to open the mixer and select track 6.

Hey there,

sorry for the delay, yes this is explicitly possible

CC Command Name Value Description
26 Track 6 Fader 0-127 Controls the fader for Track 6’s Volume. Value 0 = - inf dBFS, Value 113 = 0dBFS, Value 127 = +6 dBFS

CC:26 controls the volume of track 6 in the currently open part, this will also be something you can do on the Aeros using an EXP connected directly on the upcoming version 5.2.x, soon to be available as a beta on the forum! (We have new EXP settings!)

On the MIDI Maestro app you would set the EXP Pedal to positional and the CC value to 26. Then, write the custom mode to the MIDI Maestro to use the custom EXP command.

Check out all MIDI commands here

Thanks for the questions!