Missed multiple firmware updates: Steps needed? 2.0.4-rc4 May 2018 to present

I have a Beat Buddy purchased in May 2018 with current firmware version 2.0.4-RC4.
Please, I have not been able to find information on the necessary steps to update a Beat Buddy when you’ve missed multiple firmware updates.
do I download and update the beat buddy with each individual firmware update in sequence from oldest to newest? one at a time? or would the newest firmware update take care of it?
Should I install the “manager software” first?
This software was not a part of my May 2018 configuration/setup process and has never been installed on my Mac.
I have a Mac running Catalina 10.15.7
based on some other threads, I blocked updating to Big Sur.

Just update to the latest version of the firmware. One-and-done, if you will.

To update the firmware:

• Insert SD card in your computer SD slot
  • Download and unzip the firmware
  • Select the unzipped files—not the folder; copy or move the files to the top level of the card
  • Eject the card
  • Power off on the pedal & insert the card
  • Power the pedal on
  • Do not interrupt the update

No need for posting the same topic twice, please. I removed your duplicate post.

1 Like

Thank you. Sorry for duplicate post :pray:t3:
Please,
Should I install the manager software first?
Also, digging deeper I am finding that
Some of the guidance seems to indicate I need to use a new sd card and not the original that has my 2018 edition of the “beat library”?
If I use a new card, does the firmware update “grab it all”, firmware & beats , so the old card could be repurposed?
Once updated I’ll be getting the “everything 2021” library so I’d kind of like to get the steps right.
Usually I’m pretty good with this sort of thing, but the references to using a new sd card have introduced a bit of confusion.
Just don’t want to mess up.
Thank you again
Most helpful
I appreciate your time and work as a moderator.

Thank you for your kind words.

It might be best to print these tips as you follow my suggested process.

Yes. If you run into problems because of Catalina, please try the tips I’ve provided here Mojave or Catalina: how to get the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) installed and working but if you run into problems, you can send me (or email Support, support@singularsound.com) a private message (PM) for help.

I don’t think you need a new SD card quite yet as you can continue to use the card that came with your BeatBuddy (BB). I would however, take a slightly different approach to avoid what otherwise becomes a repetitious process for getting everything current and complete.

• Download, unzip and drag the unzipped backup bbworkspace folder from Download default BBWorkspace 2.1 backup folder to your Documents folder
  • Use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) File - Open Project and navigate to your bbworkspace/default_lib/projects/BeatBuddy Default Content 2.1 - Project folder and press Open
  • Test your install by using the BBM to play and audition a few songs
  • If the BBM plays the default beats, insert your factory SD card into your computer SD slot reader, select all files and then delete and then Empty Trash
  • Use the BBM to export the project to your SD card: BBM File - Export - Project to SD card (this will take a few minutes); since the Synchronize capability is still buggy, you can press either No or Yes for future synchronization prompt to the SD card
  • If you previously updated your SD card to the latest firmware version, you probably won’t need to do so again but if you didn’t, now’s the time to install the latest firmware update

Because your project is still not in the correct location within your bbworkspace folder, the next step should resolve this:

• Eject the SD card from your computer (you can test it on your pedal if you’d like)
  • Quit the BBM and then Launch it again
  • BBM - File - Save Project As (and navigate to bbworkspace/user_lib/projects); press Save
  • Your project should now be saved and available in the BBM from the correct location
  • If you decide to use a new SD card, make sure that it’s no larger than a 32Gb SDHC Class 10 card; no need to format as new ones out of the wrapper are correctly formatted
  • You shouldn’t need to reinstall the firmware on your new card as the pedal has already “taken” the firmware update
  • Insert new card in your computer and use the BBM process to export the project to the card
  • When you download and unzip the Premium Library Content, quit the BBM and copy the Premium Library Complete Collection 2021+Groove Monkee-April Update (PLC) - Project folder to the bbworkspace/user_lib/projects folder
  • Use the BBM - File - Open Project (and select the PLC folder); it should open the premium content.