Mo Footswitches Mo Problems

I bought the official Beat Buddy footswitch so that I could pause and advance songs. I’m having all kinds of problems with it. Here’s what I did from the default settings:

1. I did the Footswitch Detector and it determined it was latching.
  2. I went into Footswitch Functions --> 1st Switch Stopped. It was set to Accent Hit. I changed it to Tap tempo.
  3. I went into Footswitch Functions --> 1st Switch Playing. It was set to Accent Hit.
  4. I went into Footswitch Functions --> 2nd Switch Stopped. It was set to Song Advance.
  5. I went into Footswitch Functions --> 2nd Switch Playing. It was set to Pause/Unpause.
  6. I exited the Settings and was on Blues 1.
  7. I hit the 2nd Switch to advance to Blues 2, but Tap Tempo came up. :evil:
  8. After the Tap Tempo screen went away, I repeatedly pressed the 1st Switch. It did absolutely nothing. :evil:
  9. I started the song with the main pedal.
  10. I hit the 1st Switch for an Accent Hit. Nothing. Repeated hits continued to do nothing. :evil:
  11. I hit the 2nd Switch to Pause. Nothing. Repeated hits continued to do nothing. :evil:
  12. I hit the 1st Switch again. It Paused the song. Repeatedly hitting this switch Paused/Unpaused the song. :?
  13. I hit the second switch again. It still did nothing.
  14. I stopped the song with the main pedal.
  15. Now the 1st switch goes into Tap Tempo mode. :smiley:
  16. But so does the 2nd switch. :evil:
  17. I went back into the settings and confirmed that my Footswitch Functions were set as listed above.

HELP?

Have you tried restarting the device. It seems some settings need a reboot for them to be applied.

Yes. Prior to the steps above, I reset the device by disconnecting the power. I also used the “Restore Default Settings” option in the Settings menu.

I suggest you contact support directly at contact@mybeatbuddy.com

If you have one spare, try a different cable.

Cheers

Richard

There is actually a problem, that I was able to reproduce with tap tempo not working at all when assigned to pedal 2. There possible are some other problems, that, unfortunately, produce this awful mess of bugs for BuddyBeater.

Another cable won’t be sufficient :frowning:

same problem for me
probably a bug on all the BB…
friend have a BB too, and the same problem too !

I believe I had a similar problem and it was resolved with a new cable. I was able to trouble shoot it by using a normal 1/4 inch cable this allowed me to get the accent hits when I pressed button 1. With the supplied cable I was getting all sorts of weird things happening. To the point where I was going to send the whole thing back… Still trying to figure the thing out but it is working as expected now. There could indeed be a software glitch as well but in my case the cable seemed to be causing the malfunction. Hope this helps someone… Be blessed beat buddy friends

Hello. Original Poster here. I had to send my BeatBuddy and footswitch back to Singular Sound for them to fix it. I’m happy to say that I’ve got it back and it’s working fine now. (Thanks, Jay!) It didn’t take long–they shipped it back out to me the same day they received it. I’m not sure if the issue was hardware or software related. If you’re having the same issue I had, send an email to contact@mybeatbuddy.com as suggested above.

I know this is an old thread but I’ve just had trouble with my Footswitch. It’s been okay but suddenly went haywire. Changed cable and it works fine again.