My first Aeros based song performance

Lots of other gear involved too, but the Aeros is definitely the center of it. Lots of MIDI based control here too and external clock sync.

11 Likes

Really well done!

…and oh no, you’ve introduced me to FAMC products… :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks. I wouldn’t buy an FAMC product unless it is used and you don’t care about getting any support at all. I’m sorry to accidentally steer anyone in that direction. LOL. That company has been on life support for several years. Communication with them is zilch and most of their good foot controllers are perpetually Out of Stock. That being said though … it is a great foot controller. But with that also being said, I’ve had 2 break and one is dead now with no prospect of ever being fixed.

Yeah, it only took me a few minutes to move on from that option. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a MIDI foot controller junkie. The Liquid Foot is, at the same time, the best programmable pedalboard I’ve had from the worst company I’ve ever seen. It’s a got a few tricks up its sleeve I’ve found nowhere else, however, the Morningstar pedal programmability is gaining ground all the time and in some cases, has already surpassed it. Best of all, Morningstar acts like a real entity doing business! When the day comes for this last Liquid Foot of mine to give up the ghost, I’ll move on.

Has a Pink Floyd vibe… not sure if it is your own song, or by a band.

1 Like

It’s an original. Yeah, I used those big vintage sounding delays like PF is sometimes known for.

2 Likes

I like my Nectar Pacer for the 10 buttons with assignable colors. I’d consider something like a Morningstar, but with 12 buttons. Ideally, I’d like 3 buttons for each of 4 loops so each loop can have dedicated reverse (on another looper I use), as well as a start/stop and overdub.

1 Like

Oh yeah, Morningstar should add one large board to their line up for sure (I also want them to make a 1 button version to serve the purpose of that one go to button you always need … call me crazy … probably no market for it). 12 buttons is the sweet spot for me too when going with one board in a system.

Very nice. I didn’t notice you touching the Aeros at all. You must have figured out how to make your midi pedal accomplish the necessary commands. May I ask how you learn to do this stuff (midi related)?

1 Like

This post from a week or two okay explains what I’m doing, after trying a bunch of things:

In the video, I’m using MIDI to Start, Stop, New Part and Change Part. I work directly with Aeros to Record Track and return to Play mode only (or overdub, but I don’t do any of those in this song). I just based it on what I found the MIDI implementation to be currently best at. There were certainly ideas I left on the table because of the MIDI implementation, but I just gotta get on with it.

I started learning MIDI in like 89/90 when I got my first couple pieces of guitar gear that supported it (Alesis Quadraverb perhaps) and then, as a complete separate endeavor, Cakewalk on the PC to do some music composition.

Honestly, I figured it out back then mostly by reading the MIDI Implementation Charts that would appear in the back of product manuals for the gear I was buying or was interested in. I learned later that the challenge isn’t so much MIDI itself … it’s not all that deep of a spec to figure out … but instead it’s deciding what you want to do with it, or figuring out if the gear supports what you want to do, because in the end that’s really what matters.

2 Likes

You’ve got that Shawn Lane tone :slight_smile:

1 Like

This sounds great. I love your tone.

1 Like

Well done, dude! Sounds great :metal:

1 Like

man that sounds good!

1 Like

Instead of starting a new thread, I’ll just post this here. 2nd Aeros live loop composition. Going for something heavy with this one.

4 Likes

Amazing skill! You have to take this to the next level, and get a vocalist!

1 Like