MY FOLDERS

Thanks Phil. a big help :slight_smile:

I downloaded Q_S.pbf, imported to beat buddy. There is no sound on any of the songs in that folder.The drum parts art missing. It’s an empty folder. All the song titles uploaded to BB,but no sound.

My songs are set up a bit differently. There is no sound in the MAIN. The entire song sits in the OUTRO. So to hear the song you need to trigger the OUTRO. Their reason I do this is twofold. When you start the song with that empty main, it loops over and over with no sound but I watch the BB to see the tempo. When I’m ready I trigger the outro and the song starts (btw, I use a foot switch). The OUTRO does not loop, so the song plays once, ends and that’s it.
I prefer this because when I used to gig, nothing was more annoying then forgetting to tap the BB to end the song only to have it start again. Also, I use BandHelper to control the BB thru my iPad. Set lists work much better without the song repeating.
Let me know if you still have problems.

Phil

Thanks again Phil. Jus got a BB for Christmas and want to start messing around with it.

How do you use BandHelper with your IPad and BB? is this to start and stop with Midi and the wireless BT device? Have you any tips and tricks to share through your experience?

How much detail do you need??? If you have the software I can walk you through the entire process.

I have BH and the BeatBuddy - I have a begin understanding of midi and the BB commands. I will accept as much as you are willing to share. The detail you can supply will be more than appreciated.

Phil, - Happy New Year. If you are still willing - I am looking forward to the information about the process of using BH and BB to start and stop. I will accept all that you are willing to share.

Sure… first, do you have the BH software? It’s subscription, with an app. If you don’t have it, go to BandHelper.com or App Store and sign up. I do yearly, smallest band available.

I do have this software - I really like it

Hi! Nice collection Phil. Are the songs in these folders one press?
I’m looking for songs that are NOT one press if anyone can help.
Thank you-TOM

I’d say the VAST majority are OPB.

Phil-Thank you.
Tom

A long time ago, another user, Guitar Stu, posted a bunch of songs in multi part with bass format. We lost those during a server crash several years ago, when Singular failed to back up content. But…it seems I kept a copy, or at least I think it’s a copy.

Download and unzip. You should have 3 .pbf files (not PDF). These are recognized as a “folder” by Beat Buddy. To import them into your pedal, one at a time, from the upper BB Manager Menu select File>Import>Folder. The folder will appear and you can see the content.

Nice. Thanks again. Lot of beats in there.

Hi @Tommy.On.Piano - I’m a keyboard player too and have modified some OPB to parts (verse/chorus). For some songs, it gives me more control.
Feel free to send me a message about what songs you are looking for and I’ll see if I have them broken up.

Great. Very nice of you! I’m not looking for specific songs per sé. Just good usable somewhat universal type beats. I love being able to trigger fills etc on the fly. And if I’m playing one press I might not end at the right spot. Lol.

Thank You, Phil

Persist, this is where I get confused. Would it be better to buy the afore mentioned drum kits and get the links from Phil (assuming that Phil is still around) or are the substitutes just as good? I’m looking for glitch free products and I see so many of them come with workarounds. I just want to use my BB, and not have to become some sort of computer wizard.

You won’t go wrong buying the Standard Pro or Vintage Ludwig kits. I say this because Phil (not Phil_Flood) crafted his songs based on the premium kits edited to incorporate the bass guitar. Although the substitute kits will work quite well, they probably won’t sound as Phil intended.

I would suggest though that you first listen to his songs with the SUB kits and if you like the songs, take the next steps to buy the premium stuff.