My latest original instrumental - a laid back Strat tune called, "Katydids and Fireflies"

This one uses the “Yesterday” drum song from the Beatles folder in the premium content. I kept wondering why the drum track didn’t sound familiar. Then I remembered - there are no drums on Yesterday. Anyhow, this one made me think of hot summer nights of my youth that I spent listening to katydids and watching fireflies. It features a 2011 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster on lead and a 2012 Martin DC Aura Custom acoustic on two rhythm tracks. The bass track features a 2012 Rickenbacker 4003.

I may have to invest in a dedicated video camera one of these days. My Samsung S10e is getting pretty flaky and shaky with the focus on the front camera.

credits
released July 5, 2020
Guitars: Joseph R. Ellis
Bass: Joseph R. Ellis
Drums: BeatBuddy

6 Likes

Lovin’ the gentle sway of the melody. Has a very nice Seals & Croft meets America vibe to it.

1 Like

Loved it Joe, and persist is bang on, turned up playback speed to 1.25 and has a ventura highway feel to it.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty smooth. Nice work Joe.

1 Like

If you can put some words to the music you might have a hit. At least in the old days when you could get your song on the radio if it was good enough.

1 Like