My pedal settings don't stay after synchronizing in BB manager

Not sure why but now after I’ve set all my setting on both pedals I remove my SD card & put it in my up to date MacbookPro, import SD card as the new project into BB manager and save a copy on computer, then when I add songs and it asks to save & then synchronize I say yes. When I put the SD card back in my BB all the settings I made are gone & I have to reset. It seems the synch is what does that. Can anybody tell me what I’m missing?
I appreciate it! Thanks!

UPDATED: This is a known issue with older versions of the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) that should have been fixed years ago. Singular Sound states they are working on a new and improved BBM 2.

Meanwhile while we wait, here’s a link of how other users have dealt with the problem.

You can also give the BBManager Loader a try to see if that helps.

Thanks persist! I have the lastest firmware 1.77 and BB Manager 1.6.01
I did it the way they say & still once I answer YES to : “Do you want to Link the project for future synchronization?”, I lose settings. If I say No, my settings remain.

The best (current) way to fix this is to update your SD card with your latest project and pedal settings. Save that project to your computer, then generate all future projects from that project that you just transferred from the SD card to the computer.

The pedal settings are retained within each project - which is actually a nice feature if you need different settings for various projects. The reason your settings keep reverting back to factory is because the projects you’re moving from your computer to the SD card all have the old settings. Once you get YOUR settings into the projects on the computer, you will keep your settings when you transfer those projects to the SD card.

Thanks Rob22315 but I have done it that way too & still the settings revert back once I click YES to link project for future synch. If I click no I’m good. Weird.

I don’t use the synchronization function often but didn’t have any problems with it overwriting my settings once I got all the projects updated with my settings. Maybe the programmers can fix this in the upcoming BBManager release.

Hello. New to Beatbuddy as well as the forum. This post is 7 years old. I am running the most recent firmware version as well as BB Manager (Mac) software yet the issue remains. Very annoying. Was this bug addressed by the dev?

The short answer is "it has not been fixed yet.

This link might shed some more light on the issue along with some workarounds.

Thank you. I thought I was losing my mind. Copying the PARAMS folder with settings onto local and replacing SD PARAMS folder seems to do the trick. It seems like the most logical solution is to store the settings ini to the BB itself but if it has no internal memory that would make it impossible. I know OSX is always a pain for devs

1 Like

I’m new to BB and BBM (which means I’m still on a steep learning curve), but quickly learned about this bug’s existence because its called out on page 4 of the BeatBuddy Manager Quick Start Guide…

"Bug specific to Mac OS X 10.12 or later:
You will not be able to synchronize your project (the option is grayed out on
the File menu). You will have to export it each time, which means overwriting
the SD card with your current project. The export process resets the footswitch
settings back to the factory default, so you will have to re-select your desired
footswitch settings from the fooswitch settings menu in the BeatBuddy if you
have changed them. We apologize for this bug, and we are working to fix it.

I hope this gets fixed someday, but in the meantime I do the same as you guys. I keep a copy of my SD’s latest PARAMS folder in a safe place on my Mac. After every project export from BBM to the SD card, I replace the SD’s newly-injured PARAMs folder with a pristine copy. I’ve tested it several times to ensure my desired pedal settings still work. BTW, I’m running MacOS Monterrey v12.6.5 on a late 2013 Mac Pro, affectionately known as the Black Trashcan.