Need help saving changes to a new SD Card ( yes I read similar topics posted )

Ok I am a new BB user. My band loves this thing straight out of the Box.!!

Thank you for such a great product!!!

Maybe this is the answer but I want to make sure

Pesist Moderator wrote
"Use BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to export your project from the BBM to your SD card and then Synchronize to SD card."

Ok here is the situation.

I live in a city 4 hours away from where the rest of the band lives.

The BeatBuddy pedal is kept in our practice space in the city where the band lives.

This enables the band to rehearse using the pedal.

I rehearse with the Beat Buddy Manager installed on my PC.

I am in charge of making tweaks and changes to refine the beats or songs to fit our needs.

I have successfully saved every song we play in a file and synchronized it to the original chip in the BB pedal. We rehearsed and it worked flawlessly. Yeah!

Now I am back home and want to make a few small tweaks and add a couple of new songs.

I want to store these changes to a new SD card and take it to our next gig.

I tried this once by synchronizing the changes to a new SD card. It seemed to work, so I sent the card to them by UPS but when they tried using the new SD card, the pedal said “No Songs”

DID NOT WORK …boo hoo.

They put the original card back in and everything was fine.

So how do I Store changes to a new card?

I have read a few forum topics and I think I did not follow the correct steps.

So the bottom line is….

I want to make changes at home, store them to a new SD card, take the new card to gigs or rehearsals, and pop out the original card and pop in the new SD card.

I know there is a way to do it but I do not know the process

The new SD card has no files on it.

And we changed the card when the pedal is powered off.

Can you help me with that?

We have a gig next Friday and I would like to use the new card if possible.

Sorry for the novel.

Thanks again.

Larry Smith Newbie

In a nutshell, that’s the basics. To expand on that just a little more, there are two methods you can use. The first one is the preferred method.

1st (preferred) method:

• Use the BBM to make the additions and edits to your project; save the project;
  • Ensure that the new SD card is not locked;
  • As long as you are not changing the version or updating the BeatBuddy pedal’s firmware, there’s no need to add the firmware files to the SD card;
  • Use the BBM to File > Export > Project to SD card;
  • Check the SD card using the Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer to verify that the card has your project contents;
  • Once the card arrives at the BB pedal location, if you have a remote (external) foot switch, run the pedal detector and reset all of the pedal settings.

2d method:

• Use the BBM to make the additions and edits to your project; save the project;
  • Ensure that the new SD card is not locked;
  • As long as you are not changing the version or updating the BeatBuddy pedal’s firmware, there’s no need to add the firmware files to the SD card;
  • Quit the BBM; important that you do so;
  • Navigate to the location of your project on your computer; for example, I’ve highlighted the contents of the project I want on my SD card
    14%20AM
  • Copy and paste the highlighted contents (not the enclosing folder) to your SD card;
  • Check the SD card using the Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer to verify that the card has your project contents;
  • Once the card arrives at the BB pedal location, if you have a remote (external) foot switch, run the pedal detector and reset all of the pedal settings.
1 Like

Thanks so much for you quick reply.

I understand and have completed everything except the last step.

[quote=“persist, post:2, topic:13374”]
Once the card arrives at the BB pedal location, run the pedal detector and reset all of the pedal
settings.

I will search for and do some reading on the “pedal detector”.

Thanks again !

You’re welcome. I added another method to my post above as well. I also copied the instructions from an older BeatBudddy user guide.

“To configure the BeatBuddy to your foot switch, press the Drum Set and Tempo knobs down at the same time to enter the Settings menu. Select ‘Footswitch’ and then ‘Footswitch Detector’ and follow instructions. The BeatBuddy will save your settings, so you only have to use the ‘Footswitch Detector’ again if you use a dfferent footswitch.” To which I would add, and when you use the BBM to Export > Project > to SD card

Thanks again!

1 more question please.

The unit is about two weeks old the first things I did was update the firmware. Instal BB manageron my PC . Created a project then went to work to building a song list and putting all our songs. Sycronized on the original chip drove to rehersal and all went GREAT!

After rehersal the bass player and I made a list of tweaks needed I drove home made the tweaks sync. on new sd card. sent the card to the bass player no success.

Now thanks to you I know the correct steps.

But…1 more Question:
We are only using the BB unit without any additional footswitch. Do we need to do the last step…Pedal detection?

again sorry for the novel

Your details are quite helpful. If no remote foot switch, no need to do any set up unless you have some special settings on your main pedal.

In double-checking what I said in my posts above, I exported a project to a new SD card. I did not add the firmware files to the card. I then tested it on my pedal.

The new card (even minus firmware files) works just fine in the pedal. Once new firmware has been updated (installed) on the pedal, it resides in the pedal’s memory.

This reduces any risk of the BeatBuddy attempting to update the firmware and bricking the pedal if something unforeseen were to happen—such as a power outage or accidentally disconnecting the power during the update.

I went back to my earlier post (with the two methods) above and edited it to reflect what I just tested.

And, keep in mind that maximum SD card size is 32GB. If you used a larger card, that could have been the problem.

1 Like

Wow good to know. That was part of the problem I used a 64. I will fix that asap.

Also thanks for all the help everybody!!!

Hey just wanted to reply back to everyone that The Export to an SD card function worked!!!

We had a great gig over the weekend and the BB pedal with the new SD card worked flawlessly.

Thanks again for all the help!!!.

I had the same problem of not being able to use a new card (SanDisk Extreme 32 GB) to Export Project to SD Card. I tried to use Persist’s 2nd method above, but I had a few other folders, User Beats, etc that I also copied and pasted to the new card. I must have not followed the directions well because it gave an error message that the DRM files already existed with the option to either skip or delete them. I tried both skip and delete but would have had to use them for every single file on the card so I bailed out of that process.

I sent all the content of the SD card to the trash and then used the Save Project As command to save a copy of the BB files on the new and now empty card. Then I made a small change in a file and tried to export to the SD card and, voila it FINALLY WORKED! I put the new card in the BB and all the files were there and played so I guess the new card is working.

So in summary, if a new card won’t work with the export to SD function, you can try saving the project on the card first as a way to “format” it for the BB. Caveat, you might want to wait for one of the more experienced Users/moderators to weigh in on this method first.

Now I can get back to practicing music! :wink: