Need help selecting BB songs with BandHelper or SLM

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to mess with this since last Thursday. Between the gig and work this past weekend, and then learning a bunch of new tunes I haven’t had time to revisit. I suppose the iConnect could work with my keyboard, as it does when I send program changes from SLM, but not work properly with the BB. But that doesn’t seem likely since others use this interface without problem. Guess I’ll have to call Sweetwater and find out what they know about it.

All I can suggest are screen shots of your settings in both BB and SLM. With just those two devices connected only we should be able to figure it out. I thought you were using bandhelper? That is what I’m using and have setup currently

Yes, my bad, I am using BH. I also have SLM which I broke out so I could give it a try. Screenshots are a good idea. I’ll post some later on. Crashing right now.

Also include the make and model of the ipad / tablet your using

[ATTACH=full]9557[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]9553[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]9554[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]9555[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]9556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]9558[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]9559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]9561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]9562[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]9563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]9564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]9565[/ATTACH]

I think that’s everything. Let me know if you need more. And thanks again! I really appreciate all your help.

That looks like everything. Let me compare with my setup. Just as a quick test have you tried a midi preset in bandhelper with just the BB and not the P.X . In the preset. I would suggest testing with just BB and your ipad connected only and everything on channel 1 just to get something working . I’m also not sure about the preset with all zero. I know technically it should work but I would play around with different numbers other then zero.With my presets I only use 2 out of the 3 fields in the preset I attach one of mine to show you what I mean

Yes, I went strictly iPad to BB only - keyboard not connected. I’ve tested/set BB MIDI IN to channel 1 and Omni, and channel 2 and others. I caught your method of not using MSB in the MIDI Preset, tried it, but no luck. All 0’s is supposed to work, at least that’s what I’ve read. I set up the BB device in BandHelper as looking for 0-127, but I could have set it for 1-128 and used all 1’s to get to first folder, first song. I created and tried Bandhelper MIDI presets of 0/0/1, 0/1/0, 0/1/1, 1/1/1. None worked. I stuck a screen shot showing MIDI OUT of BandHelper which looks like data with the correct syntax. You can see that I sent four different presets in a row. Unfortunately, nothing changed on BB.

ok I’ll keep going over what you have done and what I have set. If something comes to mind I will post

Thanks, jstrausss. I called Sweetwater tech support. They’ll get back to me tomorrow so I’ll just chill out and play some tunes. :slight_smile: Could be worse, eh?

I do see under Midi IN , system real time, Sync — that I have that enabled. Looks like you have it disabled

Yes, I had followed Sibling Chris’s settings.

Sync setting shouldn’t make a difference tbh

is it possible that your iPad is just not seeing the BB at all? I am not sure as to how it would show the connection for wired, but in the first screen shot it’s just showing network connection

Here is mine with no device connected…
[ATTACH=full]9583[/ATTACH]

the only other difference I see in how much he is setup is that MIDI in and out I have in same channel on the BB

Hey guys! Problem solved. In good part due to you! We basically eliminated everything but the pedal itself. I picked another BB, hooked it up to Bandhelper, and voila! It worked! Instantly. Thank you all again! It really helps to have other people’s input when sorting something out like this.