New Backing Tracks Options

Hello,

I was really excited to see the new backing tracks options in the latest firmware update. Now you can load up back tracks into quantized and auto mode. But I’m having a lot of trouble getting things to sync.

When I set the global tempo to, let’s say, 133 bmp and then upload a wav file that I’ve exported from logic, that has a tempo of 133, it will not upload because it says that the tempos don’t match (although they do), and says to set the tempo to 8, which I doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t know what the 8 refers to.

If I change the setting to auto, it will upload the backing track, but when I upload a second one, it doesn’t line up with the first, and it’s now thrown the tempo to 121 bpm.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, there’s a slider to change the temp when creating a song, which I find very hard to move to the exactly location that I want to get my desired tempo. Is there some alternative way to set the tempo that doesn’t require me moving that slider, the actions of which really frustrate me?

And when does the tempo slider appear? It seems that sometimes it’s there and sometimes it’s not.

Thanks.
Tom

for accurate control over sliders use the ‘handsfree’ options (with your hands ironically). Right footswitch to edit and the wheel for accurate values.
I use the wheel for everything, even when programming stuff with the unit on my desk. Its just easier to get around than always using the touch display.

Hi tshevory,

Thank you for reaching out. Please send us an email at support@singularsound.com. To assist you better, could you please provide a detailed video of the exact issue you are experiencing along with the files you are trying to load? This will help us troubleshoot the problem effectively. Thank you for your cooperation!