New BeatBuddy Firmware (2.7.0 "The Tempo Update")

Wow. Thanks for letting us know. I would’ve missed it otherwise!

1 Like

You are welcome.

I would be curious if anything else was added in this update. I hope others will take a look around and report back to this thread. I only found them because I wanted to try out the updated tap tempo functionality by assigning tap tempo to the first button on my foot switch. I saw them in the options list.

I am sure it was just an oversight in making the announcements.

I’m super stoked to report Singular Sound support is going above and beyond!
A new special power fix sd card is on the way.
Thanks everybody.

I love when an update gives unintended new features rather than unintended bugs ;).

Fabulous. Especially the tap tempo and immediate start which was something I’d been struggling with as I’d have to tap along and then leave a small gap until the screen had cleared. This is really a great improvement when playing along with others

When making the announcement, I was told these features weren’t fully implemented yet - we planned to mention them next update, but I suppose the cat’s already out of the bag.

Something to note about the double time and half time functionality:

• Currently, it triggers instantly, but this will be changed to be triggered at the end of the measure, this will make it so that it can sync with other pedals and MIDI devices and will occur in the next update.

I just received my Premium Library SD Card. I inserted it and powered up the BB.

Now I have NO PEDAL OFF/ON!! It is unresponsive!! I connected the external BB footswitch.

It will do a crash sound with the left button, but will NOT start or stop the unit!!

Any ideas to help me fix this??? Right now my BB is DOA with the “new” firmware upgrade whcih came with the Premium Library Card. I even tried the original card and it now does not respond to the foot switch either.

Thank you for your time and I will await your reply.

Does the song still start with the main pedal? It sounds like you might need to rerun the footswitch detector. In settings > footswitch > footswitch detector.

Thinking about it, the firmware upgrade has probably just reset the footswitch settings. The default footswitch actions are pause and accent, not start/stop so it could be that you just need to go back into settings and change it back to your preference.

1 Like

@rickenbacker4001 I am really sorry that this happened. Please send me an email to support@singularsound.com with your full name and address, and I will send you a card to boot your BeatBuddy back up again.

I got it back up and running!

First, I have to say Singular Sound Support is stellar! Thanks so much, Jay!

Jay sent me a new SD card in the mail. And the unit still did not boot.

Things were desperate. I pleaded with my Buddy to no avail. I threatened and cussed. Nothing.

So I took off the back plate and started in with my multi meter. Power source putting out 9volts. pins on the power jack reading the same. But nothing at the other end of the power supply wires were they are soldered to the board.

I messed around with the wires at that end and, low and behold, she lit up and did the firmware update! Working perfectly now. Turned out to be a hardware issue, probably a cold solder joint. This is an early unit I bought used, serial #0000607.

I’m super impressed that Singular went out of their way to help me out. Thanks again!

And I’m enjoying the added sample beats and demos for the pro kits that came with the firmware update.

That entire library and pro kits SD card is looking mighty tempting.

1 Like

Allow me to tempt you more…

coupon code for St. Patrick’s day sale a little early: “beerbuddy”

Should get you 10% off the SD Card and anything else on the singularsound store.

1 Like

Has this functionality changed to be triggered at the end of measure? I haven’t had a chance to update yet.