New Computer - Old playlist....not having any fun

So I recently had to replace my computer and reinstalled Beatbuddy Manager but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to put my playlist on my old computer in to the new beat buddy manager. I was hoping I could connect my pedal to my computer and resynchronize the songs from the pedal back into the manager but I couldn’t make that work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I’ve made about 80 songs and hope I don’t have to do them all manually again. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bother you guys…after a few hours I did figure this out and everything looks like its working great. Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your success in figuring this out. I also have a new computer and was going to check in to how to do this. Would you mind outlining how you did this? :slight_smile:

Here’s an outline of how to transfer your project from an old to a new computer. My assumption going in is that you have only one project on your computer.

• On your old computer, use the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to synchronize your project to your SD card. This way you’ll have a project that’s current.
  • On your new computer, download and install the BBM.
  • Check in your /user/documents folder that the bbworkspace folder was installed.
  • Insert your SD card in your new computer SD slot reader.
  • Use the BBM - File - Open Project and navigate to your SD card; (if it doesn’t open the project automatically, press OK or Open).
  • You’ll be prompted to save your project to your computer and you should accept. If a navigation window opens, you will want to save your project to /user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/projects (you can give this project the same name as that of your SD card’s project).
  • You’ll be prompted by the BBM if you’d like to use this SD card for future synchronization; accept the prompt.

Aahhh… there’s the rub! I created a separate SD card to create folders at the top of the hierarchy for housing my midi assigned songs. I did this because whenever changes were made to the purchased content, it changed my folder and song numbers. And because I don’t fully understand how to work the whole project thing, I have numerous random projects lurking on my computer. I may use part of my vacation time to suss all this out.

Thank you for such clear directions!! You are one of the amazing life-savers here on this forum!!

1 Like