New features

Aloha.

NEW feature requests - in case you haven’t already done it (like the equal length loops fix!)

1. Switch to set song’s end of loop to occur at the end of next EVEN numbered measure - in other words, hit end of loop button in next to last - odd numbered measure or last measure will continue recording until following - even numbered - measure is done. This would be VERY useful at higher tempos.
  2. Ability to delete a bad recording - track/part - even better if following tracks/parts automatically move up to fill the space.
  3. Export/Import WAV files!!! I’ve been doing this with Digitech loopers forever!

I’m nearly up to the point where I can perform the Beat Buddy, Maestro, Aeros tap-dance without looking down at my feet…steep learning curve.

Thanks.

PS: I can’t imagine controlling an Aeros without a Maestro…

1 Like

Some things to note:

1. If you have not already done so, please check the “what’s new” log for the Aeros firmware to see if your new feature has already been fulfilled.
    2, Search the forum Aeros Loop Studio/Feature Requests category to see if your requested feature has been asked for by other users.
  2. Please submit each new feature as an individual post—this makes it easier for the developers to manage the process.
1 Like

Okie-Dokie - will do.

I didn’t find them in the “what’s new” log for 4.0.2 though.

1 Like

Hey! Yes we do not allow batch requests as per the Forum Rules, you can see more info about making requests here.

This doesn’t seem as useful as the current logic and we likely will not add it in. The way the Aeros works is if you have Sync length on, and your original recording is even, all subsequent recordings in that song will always be even.

Undoing a track and re-recording over it is the same premise and satiates the need to delete tracks. Deleting tracks is not so straightforward and we will not be allowing this any time soon if ever. You can already delete a part by pressing the song part icon on the touchscreen, you can only delete the current last part. Deleting is not undoable.

You don’t have to actually request this as it is part of our original promise of features, it is coming soon however.

For this reason I will be moving this to the general Aeros folder, thanks.

You can find the full logs in our manual

Thanks for replying so quickly. I re-entered the three items as separate feature requests.

This doesn’t seem as useful as the current logic and we likely will not add it in. The way the Aeros works is if you have Sync length on, and your original recording is even, all subsequent recordings in that song will always be even.

I wonder if you completely understood what I’m saying. (I’m a computer programmer).

Current logic is button pushed to end recording or overdub can be done anytime within a measure and will trigger end of recording at the end of that measure. While recording the length of the loop is being shown on the left so It’s obvious that number is available to the program.

I suggest a (switched) slight change to that logic that interprets the switch (end loop) press, looks at the measure count and if it’s an odd numbered measure terminate recording at the end of the next EVEN numbered measure.

As I said, at fast tempos this could be invaluable.

Undoing a track and re-recording over it is the same premise and satiates the need to delete tracks. Deleting tracks is not so straightforward and we will not be allowing this any time soon if ever. You can already delete a part by pressing the song part icon on the touchscreen, you can only delete the current last part. Deleting is not undoable.

This COULD be accomplished by programming the export/import routine to be able to operate at the song level. In other words, one could export the SONG (including WAV files), delete tracks/parts in the program (and/or add/edit parts as WAVs in a DAW) and re-import as an entire song.

Just sayin’. :grin:

It’s possible we may do this eventually but it is likely very low priority if we ever decide to do it

Backing tracks (an import export system) are already planned as a feature

Thanks