New MBP14" can't export midi file from a song in the BBM *with video*

So I bought a new MBP14". I downloaded BBM 1.64 and installed it and loaded a project from my SD Card. Then I made a copy of the project and its in MY Documents. Everything seems to work great. I can load songs, play songs. Export Project to SD Card and it plays back everything fine on the Beatbuddy etc etc :grinning:

But when I try to get a midi file or wav file thats on a song by right clicking my mouse over it and it goes into a search. I search around and canā€™t find anything it wants.

I did Airdrop a midi file from the 2014 iMac to the 2023 MBP and placed it on the desktop. I directed the search to that midi file and it replaced the existing file. I donā€™t want it to do that . I want to export midi/wav files like i can on the 2014Imac.

Hope all that makes sense. If not I made a video showing
what it does in the 2014 iMac ( this is what I want it to do )
and what it does in the MBP ( i dont want it to do this )

Thanks in advance

So frustrating .The BBM and Logic are pretty much the only programs I want to use on this new computer ā€¦uggh. Maybe a few others but okay. Thankfully my iMac still does it all. Love the Beatbuddy and the BBM. Changed my life ā€¦ lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDC4IpCrQ2k

Which Mac System? I am running Ventura with an M2 Pro MacMini, and the process works like it always has, i.e., just like your old iMac. Have you tired Control+click instead of a right click? Is it possible that you have assigned you right click mouse action to something other that a substitute for Control+click? I have noted several differences in operation with this computer vs my older Intel system, but the process of export a midi file from an existing song has worked fine.

Make sure you downloaded the notarized version from here: Download for Mac and if you did, youā€™re off to a good start. From your video, I see your bbworkspace folder so thatā€™s good.

If you used the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) to Save Project As, it should be stored in your bbworkspace user_lib/Projects folder. It also becomes the active project so if itā€™s not located in your bbworkspace folder, this could be part of your problem.
Try this:

• quit the BBM
  • launch the BBM
  • BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to your user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/Projects and open your project that should be there. If thereā€™s no project there, recommend these steps
  • BBM > FIle > Open Project and navigate to your SD card and follow the prompts to save it to your computer and navigate in the Finder to user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/Projects and approve the save. This should now be the active project and itā€™s located in the proper path.

Now using the BBM to ctrl-click the song part you want from the contextual menu and select Export MIDI Fileā€¦ to your desktop. If this works, you should be good to go. If not let us know.

I see that when you drag Breezin12 to your desktop, it appears as a .bbs file. Although I canā€™t reproduce that, itā€™s what leads me to believe that you may have issues with the BBM.

1 Like

OMG youā€™re good. That works perfect for all the MIDI files. Thank you so much

It donā€™t work for wav files like cymbal crash. When I hit Control + Click on something in the Accent Hit Column it just says PLAY.

Any thoughts or commands you can think of ?

And ā€¦ Iā€™m using Ventura 13.4

I just went into my mouse settings and the secondary click was set to ā€œOFFā€

I changed that to ā€œClick Right Sideā€ and it fixes the midi file export problem so I donā€™t need to hold the control button. Thank you again

Still playing around with stuff to get the wav files moved to desktop

So I looked and the Project is NOT in the user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/Projects. Itā€™s in the My Documents area with the BBWorkspace folder.

So I tried this ā€¦

• BBM > File > Open Project and navigate to your user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/Projects and open your project that should be there. If thereā€™s no project there, recommend these steps
  • BBM > FIle > Open Project and navigate to your SD card and follow the prompts to save it to your computer and navigate in the Finder to user/documents/bbworkspace/user_lib/Projects and approve the save. This should now be the active project and itā€™s located in the proper path.

so I did put it in there and then when I ran the BBM I got this:

It donā€™t want to run with it in there for some reason.

Anywho, I was thinking I only have 5 ā€œAccent Hitā€ wav files that I use. I can put them all in a Folder and add them any time and I can delete them on the song easily so this might be a way for me if I canā€™t figure out how to right click it and send it.

Either way - Thank you very much.

The accent hits are just .wav files. You should be able to just click and drag those to the desktop to make a copy for yourself. Then you can place them wherever you want.

It donā€™t work. I tried all kinds of stuff UGH

I get this when I try to do that

Try this:
1> Search your Mac for any folders named EFFECTS, all caps just as it is here. The parent folder should be a BB Project -

Inside the EFFECTS folder are files with bcf and wav names:

The .wav files are accent hits in your BB System. You can copy and paste those wavs to a new location, then audition themand renmae them to useful names.

For wavs that are accent hits included with the BB as a new purchase, you can download the Accent Hit Library from the BB Product Support page on Singularā€™s site:

Click on the Downloads for the BB. one available choice there is the Accent Hit Library.

1 Like

Cool, Iā€™ll play around with that. Thanks for all your help

1 Like