New or Experienced Artists…

What would you say is your biggest challenge when it comes to releasing music and why?

1. Songwriting
  2. Recording ( vocals performance)
  3. Production/Beats
  4. Music Distribution
  5. Streaming platforms ( Getting more streams on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal etc.)

I’m curious because for me it’s been beats hands down. I do everything else except produce my own beats and it’s hard finding REALLY great production at fair price to create whole projects. What about you guys? I’d love to hear everyone’s story.

2 Likes

I’ll preface this by saying that I haven’t released any of my guitar stuff, nowadays I just make it for myself and share with close friends, so music distribution/streaming is a non issue for me. If I cared about that stuff, (and remembering when I did) I’d probably wager those would be the most difficult challenges.

These days though it’s vocals. I have a decent vocal recording setup (I use it for video voice overs), but… I’m not a singer, nor do I know any. So most of my stuff is just instrumentals waiting for a vocal track. I suppose this also plays into songwriting because while I can write out all the instrument’s parts easily and confidently, I really struggle to put pen to paper for lyrics.