New Product Announcement

https://www.sherlynsdesigns.com/phils-music-products.html

Hey All,

Well, I got it done ON TIME! The Little Black Drum Machine for Beat Buddy, or LBDM 4BB is available for purchase. This is a BB content package with 54 thirteen piece drum kits, 75 sets of song grooves, over 230 multi-sampled drums with over 2500 wav files, and over 750 midi files. It’s a whole bunch of content. The web site above has the purchase information and 5 demos of the grooves and kits.

While this started as a way to get the venerable Alesis SR-16 onto a Beat Buddy, it grew into more than that. Yes, 50 of the grooves use the Alesis grooves as their roots, but I added intros and outros and transitions. I edited fills. I transcribed parts. Parts were requantized when needed. Everything was adjusted to work with both Beat Buddy and Alesis tom mapping. And, very importantly, I added songs that were not part of the SR-16 which were selected to fill needs that Beat Buddy users have indicated were lacking in the original BB grooves - Latin grooves for Salsa, Bachata and Cumbia; Reggae Rock; House and Trance grooves; a Bo Diddley beat; new simpler slow ballad and shuffle grooves and more. In all, twenty-five new grooves types, were added.

And almost as a bonus, but certainly not as an afterthought, I added what I am calling drum kit rooms - a simple groove that lets you audition kick drums, snares and other pieces that were not included in the 54 kits that are part of the LBDM 4BB.

At the listed price on the website, it’s already a bargain at less than $1 per kit, but for all my compadres here on the Beat Buddy Forum, I have a way for you to get the whole package for $10 less. Just start a conversation with me using the Forum Conversation feature, or send me an e-mail at philflood@aol.com.

And, now that I have finished this two-month undertaking, I can get back to my usual process of creating songs for the Resources section!

2 Likes

Phil,

im a guitar player and bought the BB and foot pedal. I need some good drums and specially songs. now I see that you sell a LDBM package witch sounds nice. https://www.sherlynsdesigns.com/phils-music-products.html and secondly I see on the website of singular https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/product/premium-library-the-complete-collection-download the premium library content.

i don’t have the time to spend to much on creating my own drum tracks. what do you recommend? I need good drums with fills etc. with natural sounding drums (rock, metal, jazz etc.) and want songs of pinkfloyd, police, etc. etc. is it also possible to play complete midi songs on de BB? or only the drum tracks with bass?

what should I buy extra?

kind regards,

Albert.

Albert,

Hello and welcome to the Forum. First, I’ll give you my advertising pitch, since you asked. The LBDM 4BB is a re-thought version of the Alesis SR-16, optimized for Beat Buddy. Several users had expressed disappointment with the BB, in terms of the types of rhythms available, and the complexity of the rhythms that were included. The LBDM 4BB addresses this by providing a wide variety of rhythms, even going beyond what was in the original Alesis unit. I also provide several tutorials to help explain how to customize the package for your use.

The Premium Content Library is a great package. I bought a copy for myself. The drumkits are outstanding. Several users have complained that the songs are too complicated. I found Goran’s grooves to generally be very good, but I would not use the Premium content songs for performance, as I do want to have that much interaction with my BB during a performance. I have actually started a little project of my own, reworking the songs in the Premium Content library as “jam” versions. These songs work with one press to start, then go through the song to a section that loops allowing for guitar solos, horn solos, etc, then a double tap to finish the song, the a closing chorus or fade out, or other appropriate ending. I am primarily using existing midi songs found on the internet, but I occasionally use a piece from one of the Singular songs if I believe it has a better feel. But, of course, making these requires a large time commitment.

Groove Monkee sells collections of beats for the Beat Buddy that tend to be very useful. I have used several of these creating beats for Blues jams.

But, your best and cheapest solution is to check the songs that users have already made on the old Beat Buddy Forum Resources section.

http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com/index.php?resources/

Just note that songs that were posted directly to the Forum prior to November 2017 are not generally available. Several of us that posted songs prior to November 2017 have reposted them. Others may be available. If you find you want one that shows as not available, request it and there is a good possibility that it can be reposted.

Many of the songs from the Resources section require drumkits that are also posted in the Resources section. Again, if it seems that there is one you cannot find, make a request, and if it is available you can be directed to it.

Enjoy!,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Should I wait for the reworking of the Premium Content Library as Jam versions? or is it also a good idea to buy your LBDM 4BB? if so, is there a 10$ discount link as described earlier in your post?

Kind Regards

Albert.

The reworking of the jam versions is just something I’m doing for myself. I’m sure I’ll be sharing some of them as I get them done. But again, it’s not a quick process. I’ve spent 4 days so far on Superstition, and I probably got 2 more to go.

I’ve been waiting for the new a Resources section to get up and running.

The $10 discount still applies to the LBDM 4BB. There are plenty of grooves in there to get songs to work, but I don’t have any kind of recommended grooves per song guide. You just have listen to things and work it out. It’s a good product. Others users who have purchased it have been happy with it. Considering that you get 50 usable drum kits, it’s a real bargain.

can you send me the link with the 10$ discount so I can order your product?

kind regards,

Albert

Use the Beat Buddy Forum Members purchase option near the bottom of this page:

After my wife sees that she has a payment, she tells me, and then I send you the links.

Hi Phil

Just ordered your LBDM and received and email stating “your download is ready” but there’s nothing to click on to download.

Order No. 1421186848

Hope you can help, thanks

Private message sent.

Hi Phil,

also ordered you LBDM. thanks for the link. im curious about the sound :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Albert.

In the received email it says: Your download is ready. no link to download. Order No. 1912922729

Private message sent.

Thanks Phil. I love the sounds. think its a very good pack.

1 Like