New SD Card, How, can I copy files from my HD on my PC to the SD card

Okay, I spent a day and a half trying to find something simple… I looked in here, and youtube, and maybe I am missing something…

1. I have a new SD card
  2. I want to put the latest BB content on the card
  3. I want to use this card as my default

1A) Do I have initialize the new Card?
1B) IF I do, what steps need to be taken?

2a) If no initialize is needed or after I Initialize, what steps are needed to copy to the card?

I do not have a SD card reader, and I am connecting my BB to my PC via USB Port. I downloaded the latest firmware and I should be okay on that.

As I said, maybe I am missing something, I am an ex IBM’er - over 25+ years of coding, and this is more difficult than writing code in assembler - lol

thank you

Not too hard to do however, you might consider buying an external USB SD card reader and using that instead of going through the USB to the pedal. I’m not saying the pedal connection won’t work but it’s been fickle for some users.

I’m surprised there wasn’t a pdf with the install instructions for your content.

This is kind of sort of the by the book process. There’s another process as well that might be simpler (see below)

1. You don’t have to initialize the new SD card; it should be ready to go by default. Make sure there are no files on your new SD card; delete any files that are on your card (DO NOT FORMAT YOUR CARD)
  2. If this is the downloaded Premium Library content (PLC) from your premium account, all you have to do is have your new card in your pedal, connected via USB to your computer and powered up. You should see the icon of your pedal and or card on your desktop (or in Explorer). Unzip the PLC file and drag the contents (just the contents—not the folder) to the top level of your SD card icon.
  3. Once the copying is done, from the BBM File > Open Project and navigate to the root level of your SD card/icon/pedal; open the project file (Premium Library Complete Collection 2019-update Dec2018.bbp)
  4. The BBM dialog should prompt you to save to your computer (you should give the project a new name); accept the prompt and make sure the project gets saved to your bbworkspace; accept the prompt for future synchronizations
  5. If you haven’t copied the 5 firmware files to your card, you will need to do so now

The other (maybe simpler) process

• If this is the downloaded Premium Library content (PLC) from your premium account, all you have to do is have your new card in your pedal, connected via USB to your computer and powered up. You should see the icon of your pedal and or card on your desktop (or in Explorer). Unzip the PLC file
  • Open the Premium Library Complete Collection 2019-update Dec2018 - Project folder
  • Find the project file (Premium Library Complete Collection 2019-update Dec2018.bbp) and double-click it
  • It will open in the BBM and once it’s complete, then
  • Use BBM File > Save Project As and navigate to your bbworksapce, give the project a new name
  • It may or not prompt you for future synchronizations and if you check the BBM > Synchronize Project and it’s grayed out, then
  • Use BBM File > Export > Project to SD card and accept prompt for future sync.
1 Like

I want to thank you oh so much will give this a whirl a little bit later and I understand what you’re saying about an external reader I have that on my Chromebook LOL one reason I got the Chromebook I have to laugh because I didn’t want to buy a reader for my PC LOL so I always find humor in stuff because I’m old and I don’t take life too freaking serious anymore it should be fun and filled with music

Steve

1 Like

Okay I must be The Village Idiot today as I spent four hours and I can’t get any of this stuff to work I’m ready to throw everything out the window lol I quit drinking 21 years ago and I’m ready to slam down a scotch and water I quit smoking 3 years ago where’s my pack of Marlboros

I can access my SD card but that’s about it I do not understand and I watched all these videos on YouTube of a ton of times and tell me everything is backwards I don’t know if it’s my dyslexia or what my problem is but nothing makes sense in order to get this over I followed each step and I still have a blank SD card

Check that your new SD card is not locked. If you’re still having problems, let me know in the morning and I’ll open a conversation with you.

I do not believe that my card is locked because I’m able to copy good from the unzip file to the SD card but that’s about it nothing else happens after that I’m actually going to the gym right now and I was going to try everything again in a couple hours fresh pair of eyes this morning

Well I was able to accomplish it with a fresh set of eyes this morning a little bit different than what you had written but there were a couple of factors that cause this I believe I will document this for future reference in the steps that I took so if anybody else has the same issue it should be documented at some point I have an older PC and I think that was half the problem.

But I can’t begin to say enough how grateful I am for the support I received you guys are freaking awesome I wish more companies could be consumer concerned as you people are

Consider me a customer for life

Steve

2 Likes

Okay, I jotted down my notes… this is what I did, and it works great… I tried the same thing this morning on a new card, and it works perfect as well, so I know that this process works…

1. I created a new folder withing BBWORKSPACE… (BBFLDR1)

2. I Unzipped the file into this Folder - BBFLDR1 It contained all the folders and contents that were unzipped…

3. I copied the entire contents of BBFLDR1 to my new SD Card

4. I then used this card and works great!! No issues… Real simple

Certainly a technique however, the BBM manages it’s own files and folders and when you use your computer’s operating system to perform functions best left to the application, the BBM tends to get confused.