NO SONG

I have a brand new Beat Buddy. I’ve only used it twice. Went to use it again last night, and the words NO SONG have come up. Unplugging and e-plugging in does nothing. I see a post from tech support that suggests the card is corrupted, and to clear it and download everything again. How can a brand new card be corrupted…?

Sometimes files become corrupt due to a faulty SD card. You can also recreate this by deleting or editing content on the SD itself. The solution is to recreate the SD card following the instructions you have already come across, you may also (if that doesn’t work) need to try a separate SD card in case yours is faulty.

Did it stop working after connecting it to a computer? Sometimes software or the operating system can cause issues with the SD Card. I ignore any “device needs to be scanned” messages etc…

Thanks Psalm 40. No, it hasn’t been connected to a computer. That’s what worries me. I used it a couple of times in normal mode and it worked fine, just out of the blue this problem occurred. Anyway, I’ll follow the procedure and recreate the SD card. Thanks for your video tutorials also — they are mighty helpful, especially for non-IT savvy people like me…

By design, an SD card is protruding from the hull slightly. It might get accidentally ejected/moved, that’s why SD card content might get affected.

Ok, thanks Daef. Struggling with the re-load but I’ll keep at it…

What are you reloading, @Steve T? Need some further assistance?

At this stage Daef, it’s telling me the card is corrupted and to get a new one. So I’ve yet to do that, then I’ll try to download the whole program onto the new card I guess…

Well… What exactly is telling you your card is corrupted? Can you please make a screenshot/picture?

While it is certainly best to just pick a new SD card, your old one most likely is able to be fixed - try formatting it. Then you only need to place four content folders to it - DRUMSETS, EFFECTS, PARAMS and SONGS. This can also be done by using BBManager Import-Export > Export Project to Pedal.

Hey Daef, Apologies for the lack of reply, I’ve been away. Got this resolved finally only through getting a new SD card (2 in fact, in case it screws up again). So thanks for your help, but back on track now…