Noise in BB while recording

I am trying to record my beat buddy into ableton and there is a background sound/ buzz that is similar to a record background white noise. I have tried everything to eliminate it. Even at its lowest levels (25% volume) and through a pad into my focusrite there is still this artifact and it is driving me crazy. Any advice on how to record with this without that sound? Thanks for your time and help!

Have you tried a different cable, the one you’re using might be faulty. Cable routing might also be an issue. Try to have signal cables away from power cables…

2 Likes

As renevmind replied it certainly can be some inductive noise from things close by and poorly shielded from each other. Over many years I’ve been recording BB output into a small recorder from a mixer monitor output combining what I would do live (Play Electric vocal and guitar FX and vocal) to prove the finished product. I see the noise change character with the change in settings I’m using on Play Electric as the biggest culprit.

Live the noise get lost in mix but in the studio I open the take in Audacity and use the first handful of time without input to run the noise reduction filter. I output that as a .wav file into the DAW.

Sometimes a good power bank solves all the issues, check out the one spot pro series

Truetone 1 SPOT PRO CS6 6-output Low-profile Isolated Guitar Pedal Power Supply | Sweetwater