Noisy footswitches when recording vocals

I have been using the Boss FS6 dual switch for years. It requires you to set them up quickly each time you put the SD card from the BB manager into the BeatBuddy it usually forgets but it’s quick to set back up using the user settings you desire.
I just ordered the Maestro but I’m guessing it’s clicky also

Thanks for the info, really helpful! I guess the guys from Aeros would know which CC?

I am not using the BeatBuddy and I dont plan to, so this doesnt help. I use Maschine for drums

Hi Chukito, I can relate. I’ve had the same problems with the foot switches when looping with a microphone, which is really frustrating. The foot switches actually produce a click which is significantly more audible than standard foot switches. I was considering swapping them out for some proper silent clickless switches, like what zoia has… SS say it’s doable but would void the warrantee.

Thinking about your setup and I’m curious, does the maschine hardware control midi? If it has midi ports, there is a good chance that it’s capable of sending more than just midi clock. Perhaps you can use it to send cc messages to control the Aeros?

1 Like

GREAT IDEAS,THANKS!

By the way can you recommend silent footswitches, and would it be easy to replace those on Aeros?

Yes Maschine can send Midi cc, but i could not find the CC number for ending a recording on Aeros. Anyone?

Hey, would it be easy to change the footswitch? I would do it but im afraid if i break it…

How easy it is depends in part with how comfortable you are with a soldering iron. I also haven’t changed my foot switches yet on the Aeros. I have replaced foot switches in other pedals and it was pretty simple. I opened up the pedal, took a photo of the wiring, disconnected the old foot switch by melting the soldered connections with a soldering iron, and unscrewed the switch from the chassis. Then I installed the new switch, wired it back up, soldered the connections and closed the pedal up. I’m not a highly skilled electronics guy, more just a musician with a soldering iron, and it was easy enough to do on a simpler pedal. So I think it might not be too difficult on the Aeros, but I’ve never seen the inside of it… if it seems too difficult to you I’m sure you could find an electronics guy to swap them out for you. I think sending cc messages from maschine is probably the easiest solution, but if footswitch control is essential to your workflow, swapping the switches out seems doable. I have been planning to do so on mine, although I just ordered an octatrack so I may end up selling my Aeros and just using the octatrack for all my additional looping needs. (Also have a blooper) I’m not sure what I’m doing until the octatrack arrives and I have some time to see how that mysterious machine actually works… keep me posted on what you end up doing, I’d love to know how you work around the clicking switches :slight_smile: over all I think Aeros is an awesome pedal.

Thanks man! I am too afraid actually to do this… I will try to find a guy who is more familiar and comfortable doing it. For now I ended up putting foam around the button, which reduced the click sound but just the lower frequencies… so better, but still too noisy. I actually cannot utilize Maschine to send this command because I am using a E-RM Midiclock+ as a master clock device and once I use Maschine as a slave device, I cannot send tempo thru, unfortunately. So it is getting complicated and i think not really possible. However, I was wondering if I can use Behringer FCB1010 midi footcontroller instead. Send tempo to it, and then the midi out would maybe send bpm as well as commands?

I am not very familiar with SYSEX, never used it. How exactly did you utilize this? Maybe I can do the same, as noone is responding if there is a CC command. @BrennanSingularSound Do you know about stop/start recording CC command?

Currently the only commands that can start a recording are Record New
Track and Record New Part, you can find the MIDI mapping in the manual or on the post here there are no commands meant for playback yet, however Record New track will stop the recording and playback if sent on the last track (track 2 in 2x2 or track 6 in 6x6).

We are aware this isn’t ideal and hope to expand this functionality soon.

1 Like

There is now an Aeros Gold edition that says it has “silent switches”: Aeros Gold Edition: Multi-track Looper Pedal with Silent Buttons – Singular Sound

129 $ more to have gold color switches?

Only $30 USD more according to their webpage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jesus yes, you right
I was to fast to calculate lol with the real price

1 Like