NP Ludwig bass kit.

No. NP stood for Non Percussion. When the Beat Buddy firmware was revised to allow midi note off to function, we were able to add bass, and later other instruments, that acted more like a midi instrument. Prior to that, the bass notes were all entered as percussion, and were typically about a 1/4 note long, depending on the BPM. NP was something that Persist recommended to designate the kits with non-percussion bass. Since all of my kits now have non-percussion bass, and have for several years, I have ceased using NP in kit names.

Got Itā€¦ hey Phil, how about this drum kit

NP Standard Pro Bass Beta

Someone just sent me the song for Dont Fear The Reaper

Thanks in advance

(link removed)

Itā€™s this one.

Thanks Phil, I will assume that is the same thing as the NP Standard Pro Bass Beta.

It almost seems like for every song I find, I am having to go get a different drum kit to play it as it is meant to be played.

Totally new to this game but once I get my feet on the ground I need to learn how to make my own. Some of the drum kits have way long lead ins, confusing indeed of have some really horrible midi squawk where there should be keyboards. May be a limitation I donā€™t know but I can replicate a song perfect in Reaper. If itā€™s suppose to sounds like a flute it sounds like a fluteā€¦ then again, I dont know if itā€™s even possible to import into beat buddy and I think I read something about the midi range in there. So who knowā€™s I can always stick it on my Boss looper too but it gets kinda congested there haha.

Again thanks!

v/r
Ben

Usually for me, I start on a song, and if I find there is no kit that is going work the way I want, I build the kit. Yes, you are limited to a single track of 128 possible midi note locations. I usually build a kit with Bass at 0 thru 31, drums from 35 to 59 or 71 depending on whether I need congas/bongo etc. That leaves 56 or 78 notes open for a keyboard or something else. If I just want to comp on keys, 3 octaves is plenty. Then I have the rest for a flute if horns or whatever. But, the other limitation is that the BB Max kit size is 100mb. This usually will mean you rob multi samples from drums.

2 Likes

I can see Im gonna do a lot of learning from you :slight_smile:

Looks like Iā€™m in the same boat as others, Iā€™ve purchased the Vintage Ludwig from SS thinking that it contained NP Ludwig Bass, but it doesnā€™t. May I request it? Maybe you can also post directions on how to accomplish the ā€œstart a conversationā€ as I could not find a way to message you other than by posting here. Thanks in advance.

I see that ā€œprivate messageā€ is not an option for new members until trust level is increased. Please advise on how to proceed with requests such as this? Thanks in advance.

Try to PM a user again.

Hi Phil I recently purchased the complete collection from Singular. Can I ask for your help to provide access to yourr NP Ludwig Bass (and any other) drum kits that go along with your great collection of songs.

The Complete Collection 2021- Download Ɨ 1
Download file 1: The Complete Collection 2021- FULL PROJECT- May Update (1GB)
Download file 2: PDF CC2021- Full Content Listing
Download file 3: CC2021- All Albums (230MB)
Download file 4: CC2021- All Premium Drumsets (602MB)

(link removed)

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi Phil, I tried to upload my proof of purchase of the Ludwig kit from Singular Sound, not sure if this worked. Please let me know if it didnā€™t.

Iā€™m looking for the NP Ludwig Bass kit. Many thanks!

Can you please send me the vintage - ludwig bass kit please. Thank You!

:slight_smile: much appreciated!