OFFICIAL BB CONTENT REQUESTS - We wanna hear from you!

Hey all! We wanna know, what would be the top songs/artists and/or drum set types you wish we had in our library for the BeatBuddy.

We are open to your suggestions :slight_smile:

Please respond below and/or upvote any ideas you agree with!

We will eventually only accept individual requests posted as their own thread on the Official Content Requests category but for now letā€™s get those brainā€™s storming

The Forum is now the only official place for BeatBuddy content requests!

Thank you!

4 Likes

Im looking for rock acoustic snares samples. I suggest chad smith drums.

As a newbie here, I didnā€™t have time to buy the Premium version, all these tracks, all these artists, who are not present in the new version of Groove Monkey. But I was really tempted by Led Zep, The Beatles, old classics, in fact. Small question in passing: is all this work definitely lost or is there a risk of seeing it come out again one day or another??? I would have discovered the BB 6 months earlier, and I had it! What a shame!

2 Likes

Drum Sets
Drum Synth
Orchestra Drums
Kits with roto toms or their samples
Indian, Irish, Middle Eastern and African drums

Genres pretty much the usual suspects for
Rock
Blues
Pop
Jazz
not so much for the premium style drum sets specific to an an artist
consider Phil_Floodā€™s LBDM (little black drum machine)
Bachata
Salsa
Merengue
Corridos
Cumbia
Musica campesina (Mexico, Cuba, Colombia)

Groups simplified (as best as possible) song structure
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alan Jackson
Atlanta Rhythm Section
B.B. King
Beth Hart
Billie Eilish
Billie Joel
Blink-182
Bon Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen
BTO
Buddy Holly
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Def Leppard
Dick Dale
Dua Lipa
Duane Eddy
Duke Ellington
Earth Wind & Fire
Ella Fitzgerald
ELO
Eric Clapton
Foo Fighters
Genesis
Glen Campbell
Grateful Dead
Green Day
Guns ā€˜N Roses
Hank Marvin and the Shadows
Hendrix
Howling Wolf
Hubert Sumlin
Jack White
Joe Bonamassa
John Mayer
John Mellencamp
Johnny Cash
Juanes
Keb Mo
Keith Urban
Kiss
Lenny Kravitz
Little River Band
Metallica
Muddy Waters
Music from the Big Band era i.e., Glenn Miller, Cab Calloway, 1940s, etc
Muse
Neil Diamond
Neil Young
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
P!nk
Pink Floyd
Queen
Radiohead
REM
Rush
Spencer Davis Group
SRV
Steely Dan
Steve Morse (Dixie Dregs era)
Stevie Wonder
Taj Mahal
Tedeschi Trucks
The Allman Brothers Band
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
The Black Keys
The Clash
The Commodores
The Eagles
The Rolling Stones
The Smithereens
The Smiths
The Ventures
The Who
Toby Keith
Todd Rundgren
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Toto
Tragically Hip
Travis Tritt
Willie Nelson
X-Japan
Yes
ZZ Top

3 Likes

So, the Premium Complete Collection has Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden, but thereā€™s no Alice In Chains? Come on! Rooster, No Excuses, Down in a Hole, Sea of Sorrow, Man in Box, Againā€¦I could go onā€¦

4 Likes

As a point of reference for the BB owners that may not have seen the the Premium drum kits, these are a few that I have that have given me a good variety of drums.

Ballad_Drumset
Brushes_Drumset
Flamenco_Percussion_Drumset
John_Bonham_Inspired_Drumset
Modern_Classic_Drumset
Retro_Custom_Drumset
Standard_Pro_Drumset
Studio_Legend_Drumset
Vintage_Ludwig_Drumset
World_Percussion_Drumset

I have plenty of MIDI beats for standard drums, but would like to see more in the way for cajon, udu, djembe, cabasa, etc that are in a few drumsets (I donā€™t do well trying to create beats for these instruments).

2 Likes

I agree with the simplified structure, I want only the clear changes not the full 32 different beats per song (unless itā€™s a prog song with 32 sections :sweat_smile:).

Bands:
Muse
Rush (e.g YYZ)
Dream Theater
Ayreon
Von Herzen Brothers

Time signatures:
3/4 (e.g. ballad style)

2 Likes

I play jazz, and as we are a minority and less of the market, I get that we donā€™t get all the love! I have had a Beatbuddy for many years (since the first iteration on Indie GoGo), and I love the thing! I bought a Pigtronix Infinity as a result and wore it out, and then got a second one. Here are some content I would love to see (or anything in these veins):
Tribal Tech - Elvis at the Hop, Sub Aqua
Guru - Down The Backstreets
Solsonics - Jazz in the Present Sense
Us3 - Cantaloop
Miles Davis - anything on Kind of Blue
John Scofield - everything
Any jazz grooves that arenā€™t just stirring brushes and have interesting kick and snare patterns.

3 Likes

Alan Jackson
Alice In Chains
Foo Fighters
Steve Miller Band
Jimmy Buffett
Eric Church
Zac Brown Band
Devil went down to Georgia
Brooks and Dunn
Alabama
Bob Seger
Chris Stapleton
Live
Tonic
REO Speedwagon
Lynyryd Skynyrd
Dave Matthewā€™s Band
The Offspring
Dropkick Murphys
Seether
Bad Company
CCR

Iā€™d like to see a full Jimmy Buffett pack. But several songs or a full pack by some of the artists listed above would be great. Especially the ones with harder drum patterns, fills, or timings so we donā€™t have to spend multiple hours creating them.

Is there an update on the Auto Pilot feature, any premium song sugestions from me would be in the context of Auto Piliot!

Iā€™d really like a few basic Hill Country Blues (think RL Burnside) options please!

Jazz Standards!

I wish to have a Bollywood pack

I put another post on here earlier but Iā€™ll say again, would be awesome to get some Tool!

1 Like

Drumsets: The songs of Neil Young f.i ; after the Goldrush, Alabama, Comes a time, Cowgirl in the sand, Old man, Harvest moon, Words

Luke Combs, American such as Jason Isbell, as well as solo guitar singer/songwriter styles would be great!

Neo Soul

Iā€™d like a ā€œbrushierā€ brush drum set. Listen to Magnolia by JJ Cale. Some studio recordings mic the snare very close to capture a soft attack at high volume.

Iā€™d love a pack that has beats for a whole lot of the old blues tracks. For example, Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf etc.

High Voltage - AC/DC