On Release

Hi, I’m trying to use the on release function of Midi Maestro, but it doesn’t seem to be working (could be user error lol).

Please see the attached photo. On press down, it should be sending a CC which changes the bank. On release, it should change a program change to change the preset.

However, I can see that the program change happens immediately on press down and as far as I can tell, it skips the bank change CC all together.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hey there,

Unfortunately one or both of the commands themselves are likely corrupted

It could even potentially be the mode!

This was an unfortunate case for some commands/modes made in very early versions or that were downloaded from the online library before we updated to 1.6.x (we deleted all existing shared content to avoid this from happening as often)

My first suggestion is to delete the commands from the button and your device and recreate the commands from scratch using the new 1.6.x app version available in the app store.

If that doesn’t work try remaking the mode from scratch, this would be rare to happen it is usually a command issue.

Let me know if this works,

Thank you for the question!

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. I’ll try and recreate the commands and see if that does the trick. For what it’s worth tho, I have only been using the pedal and software for a week or two, so I am on the latest version already, have my firmware up to date, and have not downloaded any commands (only created my own from scratch. I’ll let you know how it goes once I try recreating them.

Since I had originally posted here, I ended up finding a better way to achieve what I was looking to do without using the “on release” functionality, so it’s not really too critical, but I’m curious to see if I can get it working in case it ends up being something that will be useful in the future.

Hi, I’ve tried creating new modes and commands, and unless my understanding of how it is supposed to work is incorrect, “on release” straight up doesn’t work.

Is my understanding correct that in the screenshot attached, the maestro should send 2 commands on press of the footswitch, and then the same 2 on release? It sends the first 2 commands without a problem, but nothing happens on release. This is a brand new mode, brand new presets, latest firmware etc etc

Thanks for your help!

This is toggle mode
You need to press again to switch to the other commands

Maybe not the right commands, or channel

I’m not following you. I thought you could have 4 batches of commands, one on press down, one on release, on on toggle down and one on toggle release.

I’m not looking to do toggle mode, I just need one batch of commands sent on press down, and a separate batch sent on release.

The channel and commands are correct because they work on press down, just not on release.

Ohhhh I see what you mean now! I’ll give it another try. User error :joy:

On release still doesn’t work. It’s the same commands that are being sent as on press, and that works, so it’s not an issue with a bad command or a wrong channel. It’s just not working as I think it’s designed to. Let me know if I’m doing something wrong or if there is a known bug or if I possibly have a faulty unit.

Hey again,

thanks for the reply,

looked into it and yes you are correct this is broken in 1.6.x but we have fixed the bug internally and hope to have the release available to the public very soon

You were not doing anything wrong it is definitely a bug

Thanks for reporting!

Thanks Brennan! I appreciate the update!! I love this pedal so much and looking forward for the next firmware release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to clarify it will be an app version update, you will not need to do any update of the MIDI Maestro firmware as long as you are on firmware 1.1.9 on your MIDI Maestro :slight_smile:

Nice! That sounds like it’ll be even easier! Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed in 1.7.0!

Awesome! Can’t wait to try it out!!! Thanks for the update (pun intended lol)

I reported issues with misbehaving press and release commands some time ago and was always told that the issue was a command creation problem of my making from version or device compatibility issues! So, my question re this latest release, have you finally got to the bottom of a fundamental bug in the iOS version, or is this a fix for something that was introduced in the previous release? So hoping to hear that it is the former :thinking:

All fundamental iOS bugs have been fixed, let us know if you see anything!