“On Screen” labels to become buttons that act similar to the footswitches

The reason is that I use external microphones to record acoustic instruments. Since the footswitches produce a very loud “click” when depressed, that click is recorded along the acoustic instrument, and can be head in the loop itself… and repeat itself with the loop. If you work with 6 tracks, you start hearing x6 clicks looping… it destroys the experience.

Solution: allow the labels at the bottom of the touch display, to work as silent switches. Instead of using the footswitch, just touch (silently) the respective info-label to activate the start/stop/overdub actions.

It is an important feature, when working with acoustic instruments and microphones in a room. Thanks for considering this for a future update.

1 Like

To clarify, it sounds like the OP wants the “on screen” labels to become buttons that act similar to the footswitch. Interesting idea.

Exactly! Sorry for my non-nativeness, it’s exactly that! I updated the title.

Interesting thought, we are also looking into solutions using an o-ring to dampen sound! Definitely something to experiment with on your own as well!

Nice! Will this this o-ring solution be available as a retro-fit, for current users? That would be fantastic (but maybe not needed with the touch button actions).

First we have to do some testing, but if we do find a solution we’ll find the best way to help our customers do the same, whether it be buying it from an o-ring vendor, or selling them ourselves.

A midi controller of your choice would also be a workaround. You’d need need a future update of the Aeros that supports all the midi commands…

FYI, I never noticed it, but other pedals that I have are just as loud.

1 Like

I also have this problem. I’ve been using the Aeros to loop vocals and other instruments with a microphone, and the click of the foot switches is particularly loud. Significantly louder in fact than the “soft click” of my chase bliss blooper or the Empress zoia.

I had wondered about creating some kind of damper for the pedals, but I realized that the click actually is part of the design, and happens mechanically, below the chassis, so I’m considering swapping the foot switches out for more standard soft click switches like what are on the empress zoia. I’m just wondering, do the switches connect like standard switches? Is there any reason the Aeros would be difficult to mod with standard soft click switches?

Hey there, we’re going to add this to backlog and check with dev about LOE, thanks for the request

1 Like

It should be doable, you will have to open your unit however, and that will not allow you to claim warranty if something goes wrong for any reason. It is at user’s own risk.

I think this will be useful.

Suggest you move the current buttons for save, home, song list, and new song. At a minimum bump them slightly away from the labels. Want to avoid accidentally pressing the label when going for an icon of vice versa. Have to say I’m pretty inaccurate/sloppy when inverted and also manning the guitar.

Noted, thanks for the feedback!

The onscreen labels now work on the touchscreen in version 5.0.x :slight_smile: currently in beta! Almost on wifi

It’s out!