One Press?

'Ya gotta use the user’s full name, in this case, Jim Jacobson. It works.

ok thanks

I have to agree with the original post from Mark. One press files are basically midi backing tracks and certainly not what the BB was intended for. Why not just use a basic midi player as its much easier to use? As a new user I’m a bit disappointed to see that most of the songs in here are just stripped down standard midi files converted to file format to play on the BB and not actual BB files. Having said that, I can see why. The editing software is pretty old school and cumbersome to work with. Hopefully soon Singular Sound will have a more intuitive BB manager to easily make these files as they were intended for the BB.

There’s nothing I enjoy more than a noob telling me what the BB was intended for. That’s the nice thing about opinions - we all have one.

2 Likes

Phil, I didn’t mention your name once in my comment so I’m not sure why you assumed I was telling you anything. Since you felt the need to add your opinion, nice touch with the smart ass “noob” comment, when you go check out the story on David Packouz and the birth of the BB, you’re telling me that his intent was to build a basic midi player with a foot operated start/stop switch? If so why are there no OP files in premium library? I’ll tell you why. Real musicians want to have more control to be creative then just start/stop and David knew that. But what do I know I’m the noob and your the expert right Phil. The BB might be a new piece of gear in my kit but its not the first. I was just agreeing with Mark but it seems having an opinion other than one shared with you is frowned on. Thanks for your " Oh, who’s the new guy?!" welcome.

No, I’m not telling you that at all. What I am telling you is that others may have found other ways to use the gear that works for them. Going back to early days, there was a desire to get this working in an auto-pilot mode, which is still a feature to come. To me, the “whole point” of the Beat Buddy is to have a great rhythm accompaniment for my songs. How I achieve that is up to me. I have some songs with multi-parts, and some that are one-press. If you want to say tht is use the pedal as an “on-off switch,” well then I ask are not most guitar pedals on/off switches. But just be butt hurt. I frankly don’t give a damn.

A ‘One Press’ song is just another version of a backing track. What differences/pros/cons are there to simply load audio files to a looper versus installing with BBM to a card to play on the BeatBuddy. I currently have a Digitech JamMan SoloXT that I’ve loaded backing tracks I’ve created in a couple different software applications onto an SD card via the JamManager software and it works well for me.
If you have the Areos and it gets to point of being able to load wav files to the SD card I envision this would be a great way to play backing tracks, particular if multitrack playing was doable such that a track could be dropped in or out as needed.

1 Like

Money would be the difference, unless you think the drum sounds in the BB are superior to other options out there. My frustration has been that it’s very hard for me to find some popular beats where it is NOT one press. I play with a solo guitarist, so some solos go long, some don’t, some songs we might want to get out of, or go longer. To me, that is where the BB shines. I see that Phil uses it for both purposes which is great. Just using it for ALL one press songs seems like you could save a lot of money NOT having the BB.

I’ll look up my tunes and post them. You’ll need my drum kits to use them. I have a hell of a time posting kits.