One Shot Parts MIDI Workaround not working in 5.0.3

Hi Brennan,
With the pre 5.x.x firmware I was getting oneshot functionality by using a midi controller that would send 3 midi cc commands, in sequence, with one footswitch press:

CC:39 value:x (solo track x)
CC:43 value:1 (start playback)
(automatic 500 ms delay supplied by midi controller)
CC:43 value:0 (stop playback)

This would achieve selecting the desired track, start playback, stop playback at the end of the part, all with one footswitch press.

With the regression of the solo function in firmware 5.x.x, my oneshot songs no longer work.
I set out to reprogram my midi configuration to recover those oneshot songs when I found another functionality change that may prevent this entirely.

I have found that with the 5.x.x firmware, if there is a one second or less delay between the start and stop signals, the Aeros will stop immediately when getting the stop command.

If there is, for instance, a 5 second delay between the start and stop signals, the Aeros will play to the end of the loop and then stop.

My midi controller will not allow me to delay an automated midi command for more than 1000ms, which was an adequate delay for the pre-5.x.x firmware, but is not long enough for the 5.x.x firmware.

Was the change in rapid start-stop behavior intentional, and is there any possibility of getting 5.x to behave like 4.x did?

Is there any possibility of getting a specific oneshot midi command that would select a specific part, start playback, and stop playback at the end of the part, all with one midi CC command?

Thank you!

Let me re-state the question more simply.

With the pre-5 version of the firmware, any start command followed by a single stop command caused the Aeros to stop playback at the end of the playing loop.

With the post-5 firmware there are 2 behaviors for a start command followed by a single stop command:

1. Start, (no delay), Stop: Aeros stops immediately

2. Start, (5 second delay), Stop: Aeros stops at the end of the loop

With the 5.x firmware, what exactly is the minimum delay required between a start and stop command that will allow the Aeros to play to the end of the loop and then stop?

What exactly are the timing rules for a start, stop command sequence that distinguish between the behaviors “stop immediately” and “continue playing to the end of the loop, then stop”???

1 Like

Ideally there is an alternate midi command or value for stopping at the EOL.

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in answering, the issue you are experiencing with MIDI is a bug and it will be fixed in the next release, which should be out soon!

I made a new thread for this question as it is not actually related to the one-shot parts feature, but a workaround to get the behavior via MIDI

Thanks for the question, let me know if you have any more!

Thank you Brennan.
I should mention that the nondeterministic start/stop behavior is true for both midi messages as well as the “Play/Stop All” button. As far as I can tell, any method of “start” followed by any method of “stop” displays this bug.