One touch midi song selection

When I first set this up I had beats like folder 14 song 8 etc. I simplified it for my purposes. As long as you can address a folder less than the number 128 and song number less than 128 the beat is addressable. That’s over 16,000 songs. Going over 128 beats will require a different hierarchical structure such as “Folder, SubFolder, Song”. Then of course you have to reassemble the song list.

I’ve had to change the Beats in my Common folder twice. Each time I had to rearrange each one alphabetically after the changed one. It’s not a problem though because I only use 35 presets. Takes only a couple of minutes.In your case with numerous songs to address you simply add the new one at the end of the list. Anything earlier doesn’t need changed. They don’t have to be alphabetical.

Hey…thanks for all of your effort and time helping me.

Not to press you, but were you able to figure out which ChorproI should get?

Like this. Suppose Beatles is the third folder in your list and you have Ticket To Ride, Help, When I’m 64. In that order, first, second, and third.
You’re folder is 2 and Ticket to ride is 0. LSB 2 PROGRAM 0 Remember to subtract 1 because zero counts as a position.

If you have 200 individual songs you will need 200 midi presets in Setlist Maker.

No problem helping. Please explain Chorprol?

ChordPro … Darn spell correction… Totally unpredictable. There are two Chordpro apps listed .

I started with Songbook which uses Chordpro. You can download a sample of Songbook and check it out. Works on Windows as well. The website Chordie.com is I think exclusively chordpro and you can get lots of lyrics from them. When I search for lyrics I copy and paste one that is Chord over line in its format and then convert to Chordpro using this http://www.statistics101.net/chordsmith/ This is a very powerful app and works well.

Nice. … I get my lyrics/chords from Ultimate Guitar,cut/paste into a pdf and the store them in GigBook. GB isn’t as versatile as SongBook, but it’s worked fine for me for years.

I understand that SLM can import my pdf files, so, what purpose would ChordSmith serve in regards to SLM?

One more question tonight… Can a midi preset be sent to the pedal from the songlist? I don’t see myself using the setlist feature as I don’t gig. I would just like to puck my songs, one at a time, view the lyric sheet and have the pedal start when I Press something in the app.

I’ve been playing with UnrealBook, and it’s pretty cool so far.

The biggest danger I see is that it seems very very easy to change the song number in bbmanager. We should probably have the song id be permanent upon creation or import.

I don’t know if there is an advantage. It’s useful to compare though. Things that are important to me are editing for readability, mistake correction, white on black for outdoor gigs, and ease of importing. I still use Songbook for importing. Within Songbook on an Ipad you can search the web for lyrics and chords then it will ask if you want the song. Tap yes and it downloads the song in Chordpro filtering out all the rest of the web page. I then use the “Open in” function to move it from Songbook to Setlist Maker. The two apps are compatible for transferring.

It’s quite easy to rearrange the song list in Manager but also difficult to move them by mistake. Even for an old fumble thumb like me.

I worked in a band once where immediately at the end of the song Mr. Lead Singer would turn around and light a cigarette ignoring the audience. He looked at me once and told me to talk to the audience while he lit up. For me all of the automation that allows me to remain focused on the audience is important. Bending down to the floor to adjust BeatBuddy would have been a deal breaker for me and I planned to have it up on a table next to me and sacrifice some of the functionality. Fortunately I have it where a simple swipe on the Ipad screen is the only interaction I have with equipment between songs.

I’ve been playing guitar and banjo for 50 years. I’ve only been singing and fronting for about 6 years though and it was scary at first. If it hadn’t been for all my time as a guitar player I don’t think I could have done it. The only song I was allowed to sing in my bar band days was “The Rodeo Song” (yeah, you know the one). I have always improvised guitar parts during songs and it became a lazy habit that I’m not willing to break. Once I tap start on BeatBuddy anything goes. Preset changes are not planned nor are transitions and fills. There is nothing that is pre-programmed during a song except starting the song and I never play a song the same way twice. I might loop a 1451 and let it run with drums while I chat with someone in the audience.

My equipment must allow that because I’m too lazy to rehearse and memorize. I would love to have a bass sound in my songs but I’m not willing to program chord progressions. I’m hoping TC Helicon will invent a way for NATPLAY to generate bass sounds with whatever chord I’m playing. That would be cool. If I could find a bass player willing to work with a lazy old curmudgeon that would be cooler.

Hi James your instructions are great got everything working nicely except the temp change. I have play temp and send midi set in automation but when I select a sound it changes to the correct beat but the midi DOS not change. Did you have issues with this when you were setting it up

Take a look at the brand new Digitech Trio Plus… the drums are pretty lame but I’m liking the big fat juicy bass lines and the looper. Haven’t tried syncing with the BBuddy yet so don’t know if it will.
Band in a Box is the software brains in the pedal…
http://www.amazon.com/Digitech-TRIOPLUS-Effects-Pedal-Supply/dp/B01AV60KLQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

This could be a couple of things. If you open your database you will see SONGS on top and SHOWS listed second. If you are in SONG nothing is automated, you must be in SHOW for these to work. You can make them work in SONGS when you are practicing but you have to tap the midi icon next to the song title. It isn’t automated in SONGS. When you are in SONGS tap the title of any song and it’s data will appear to the right. Check for a BPM number in the TEMPO block then tap the METRONOME icon next to the title. If there is no metronome icon it means you don’t have a BPM number entered. If all this is ok tap the METRONOME icon next to the song title and then tap the MIDI icon on top of the page, not the one next to the song title. The midi icon on top of the page shows what you are sending. Look for F8 “beat clock” to be sending over and over. If you have that the problem is with BeatBuddy.

I will look into this.

I may be misunderstanding the problem. If you’re having problems with song selection tap the midi icon next to the song title without the metronome playing then tap the midi icon at the top of the page to see what midi has sent.

Thanks James for your help. I double check all that.