Only the Good Die Young OPBK 2018-06-19 - Billy Joel

Piano Kit needed

Download Here

1 Like

Hi all, I know, I’m posting on an old topic, however, I have a new problem.

First, I would like to thank the our BB Forum member (Jim_Jacobson), for this most excellent tune! I have been using to gig with for quite some time and it’s ALWAYS a hit!

However, my show last Saturday was outdoors and on the St. Lawrence Seaway. For the first time ever, I was unable to hear the right speaker (which happens to be the channel where the drums are). I got off beat and stayed there for almost half the song before my partner was able to get me back on beat–worse part is I’m the one singing it! :open_mouth:

Anyway, I’m reaching out to the folks here who are far more knowledgeable than I regarding the programming of the .sng files.

1. Is there a way to remove the channel split so that all instruments are in both channels?
  2. The piano intro is SUPER loud compared to the rest of the song, can it’s volume be easily reduced?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide. I love this song and really want to be able to keep doing it without embarrassing myself.

Have a great day everyone!

1 Like

I can take a look at either reworking this song with a different kit or if I can find a decent MIDI source file.

1 Like

Thank you, my friend! I truly appreciate you! I’m sorry to make you have to work (AGAIN!). :slight_smile:

No sweat.

Don’t know if this will solve your problem with Jim’s version of the song but it might be worth a try. I don’t know if the kit he used was for the instruments being panned to the left and right outputs. If so, check that both outputs on your pedal are working properly. You could also try a different kit but when I tried that, the audio wasn’t optimal.

Anywho, I’ll tag you when I post my versions.

1 Like

Thanks my Friend! Have a great day!

1 Like