Onsong to beat buddy

I tried to set this up. I found global midi, triggers and hot corners but couldn’t figure the whole thing out to make it work. Do you have a link or a general guide to help?

is there a way to go back to say the verse after the chorus or is it always a forward only tap ie verse,chorus,bridge chorus ending for example ?
Thanks

Brent

You can always just arrange the song in the order you need it.

I just watched to OnSong tutorial videos.

Yes it only moves forward but once it gets to the last “part” it will go back to the first “part”. A double tap initiates the Outro. You can configure a song any way you want… to have it “go back” you can put the “verse part” wherever you want it. You’ll figure it out once you start using it more.

Thanks to @JerryAshton and google - here are the steps:
Open Onsong and press the gear in the top right corner
Editors => Actions => Screen Triggers (Click “screen” on the bottom) => Click the area you want
New menu pops up and Midi → Events => Send
Then @JerryAshton directions work

• button => Go to “Contol” and then

Hope this helps somebody else or I’ll just use it when I forget!

2 Likes

I often post to the forum to keep reminders. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Can BeatBuddy (BB) songs be simplified

Jerry is there a good video to learn how to set up the beat buddy w onsong ?

Here are two links:
Basic Midi: http://onsongapp.com/docs/features/midi/
OnSong to Beat Buddy specific: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9R8Z2web4

I tried but when I got to the point of pressing the beat buddy during set up nothing appeared so I couldn’t go to the next step. Any way to get phone support ?

Great video

Not sure what you mean by setting up the beat buddy. It’s within Onsong you do the set up work.

I use the song selection midi commands to select a rhythm. However every time the BB update by adding songs I had to update the midi commands. ‘Default Content’ and ‘Premium Content’

I have started to address this by creating a folders with songs in use and maintain their order. Folder 1, Sng 3 always stays in order. I add the ‘Default Content’ and ‘Premium Content’ updates to the BB.

I copy the Sng files to my ‘InUse’ folders where I can control their order.

The ability to map out the BB folders and the Sng files Is essential.

My thanks to Joe_southern for automating the mapping.

Can you show how you set the volume for eqch beat buddy tune with OnSong triggers ?

Here’s a link for a description. It works well for what I need it to do!

OnSong Triggers