Overwrote original BB content

Hi. Very new to the Beat Buddy and the manager software. I’m wondering how one recovers original BB content without overwriting everything. I’ve created a handful of songs, in some cases by modifying original content and in other cases by starting new songs from scratch. When recently modifying one of the “Pop” songs, I neglected to duplicate the original content and instead overwrote it. I’m wondering how to pull the original song into my project without overwriting the whole project. Help?

Welcome, Allen. This may help: http://forum.mybeatbuddy.com//index.php?threads/copy-and-paste-tip.6199/

Thanks, John–that’s helpful and much quicker copy and paste method than I was using. As for the overwritten content, should I resign myself that it’s just gone?

Unless you had a backup of your project, the overwritten stuff may be gone, with maybe one other exception. If you synch’d your project to your SD card with the original songs and did not sync to your SD card with the overwritten songs, you might be able to recover that way.

Check the content using your pedal. Are the original songs still there? If so, please let me know and I’ll try to walk you thru the process.

I’d set up the software to autosync, so what’s on the card is identical to what’s on my computer’s drive. I did, however, download the original content from the BB site. Is there no way to import a single song from that source? Does it have to be all or nothing? That seems like a shortcoming of the software.

What songs do you need?

I overwrote it, so I’m not sure what it was called, but I believe it was one of the last several songs in the “Pop” set. Maybe the last one (Pop 12?), since 1-11 are still in there. I’m attaching a screen shot. Thanks for your thoughts/help.

Here’s a link to #12: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7l1k6ywagx2fzr7/Pop_12-_8ths.sng.zip?dl=0

BTW, although the SD card may be linked to the Project in the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM), they are not “auto-synched.” You have to manually make BBM sync your project to your card. If you did not manually sync your project to your SD card, there’s still a chance that some of those songs could be on your SD card.

From what you’ve said so far, the songs that you want have probably been overwritten—especially if you’ve checked your SD card in your pedal to verify that the songs you want no longer exist.

I did indeed verify, via the peddle. But now I have the missing song, thanks to you! Thanks very much. I’ll be very careful from here forward to copy and paste rather than overwrite. Much appreciated.