"Oxidized Jam" - my latest original song

For this song’s drum track, I used Tom Petty’s “Mary Jane’s Last Dance” BeatBuddy song, I changed the drum set to Vintage Ludwig and upped the BPM to 95. The song also features my 2000 Gibson Gary Moore signature Les Paul on rhythm and lead and 2012 Rickenbacker 4003 on bass.

©2019 Solid Body Publishing / ascap

7 Likes

When the news carried the passing of Dick Dale, I began to think that “it’s been a while since we’ve heard any of your songs.”

Glad to see and hear you’re still crafting excellent and interesting tunes!

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, I was saddened to hear about Dick Dale. I had heard he was only performing in order to earn enough to pay the medical costs required keep himself alive. I knew he could only do that for so long.

good song! what are your music influences? guitar players? cheers

1 Like

Thanks, Vincente! Influences are probably everything I listened to growing up - mostly classic rock. I don’t really try to emulate any particular guitar player’s style, although I’ve been known to lust after Clapton’s “woman tone” and Jimmy Page’s alternate tunings. But I pretty much quit trying to play covers of other artists’ music years ago. These days, I prefer to create original songs and try to let my style develop organically.