Pedal doesn't power on and SD card not readable on computer

Hi,

Very disappointed with this pedal use it occasional and now it does not power on tried many power supplies and updated memory card, it just not turning on.

Also card is not readable on the computer now.

Please anyone had this problem

Not to make fun of your predicament or anything but it sounds like you got more problems than a runned over dog :roll_eyes: (sorry, couldn’t resist…)

Here’s what I’d recommend to get everything back up and running:

1. Fix or replace your SD card; make sure it’s unlocked as well as that it’s formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32); if you need to replace it, get an SDHC Class 10 card 4Gb or 32Gb card
  2. Use the power supply that came with your BeatBuddy (BB) pedal.
  3. Follow these instructions: Pedal does not power on
  4. If you still can’t get it to work, contact Support, support@singularsound.com

Hi, thanks for the advise, option 1 get new SD card and try, option 2 run a bulldozer over the pedal. :brain:
RGS

Please let us know how it turns out. Issues like this can usually be fixed with step 3.

Hi persist, downloaded firmware to other SD card and still not power on, before this happens the screen did power off and on for few seconds and then went dead as a potato, gutted.
:innocent:

Sounds like you’ll have to work on step 3 and then on to step 4 if that doesn’t work. Usually step 3 works for most (but not all) user.

The pedal is very fidgety on the right size of power plug. Not all plugs are the same.

Wonder if this is something that later vetdions have fixed? I know their other pedals are better here.

sorry, no idea what you mean, checked with multimeter and there’s voltage going to the pedal, easily done, negative probe to body and positive to the 9v plug on the pedal.

Had you gotten your SD cards from a reputable retailer/seller? Some good brand name SD cards have been counterfeited (Sandisk is one) and the specs and performance can fall greatly short of the real deal. I learned this after getting several from eBay to use in a digital camera and they didn’t have the capacity or speed they were supposed to. Some 3rd party sellers on Amazon have also been suspect of selling fake SD cards. Your card that couldn’t be read in your computer makes me think this.
https://photographylife.com/fake-memory-cards

Something that I recall as being a card related problem from a while back on this forum was the card slot on the BB having gotten something in it which prevented the card from making contact when inserted. The person that had this issue was able to see what ever it was with the aid of a flashlight and remove it which restored the BB back to functionality. Can’t hurt to take a peek to ensure nothing is in there that shouldn’t be.

Regarding your voltage check. Wasn’t quite sure what you meant by ‘negative probe to body and positive to 9v plug’. The barrel of the connector should be positive and the center tip connection should be negative. The adapter should have the symbol as shown below.

got new SD card, and completed instructions 3 and 4 pedal screen still not lighting up, thinking of faulty power adapter? cause damage the original the SD card.

Will try music shop near me for second opinion.
I have used this pedal very occasionally it shouldn’t go wrong.

RGS

No need to post the same topic twice. I’ll remove your duplicate post after I reply to your post here.

Some things to think about:
If you’ve only used your pedal occasionally, it’s doubtful that you’ve had a hardware failure (either the PSU or the pedal). If the PSU were capable of damaging your SD card, it would have more likely toasted your pedal.
If your computer can read your SD card, the SD card is good.
If you have a multi-meter, you can check the PSU.
Check that the SD card is an SDHC 32Gb (and no larger capacity) class 10; a 64Gb card will not work; that the card is not locked; that you are using your computer SD slot reader (don’t connect your pedal to your computer using the USB cable method); that you did not try to format your new SD card
If your music store has a BB pedal, try another BB PSU with your pedal
Barring a hardware failure, the instructions for recovering a pedal that does not power on usually work when the instructions for the SD card are followed.

thanks for your time, find attached pictures and please let me know.

I will try to find a repair shop here in London, I’m to old for this tech. :sunglasses:

Thank you for the pictures. It’s good that you have 9V from your PSU.

It appears that your SD card is an Ultra 3 which may or not be part of the problem—I think it’s for digital cameras.

Given that your PSU is probably still working properly, your factory SD card would probably still work with the instructions I provided.

Please keep us posted on your outcome.

factory SD card not readable on my Mac, you mantion early post, SDHC 32Gb (and no larger capacity) class 10; a 64Gb card will not work;

I can order SDHC card if you think the card on picture is not the right one

thanks

Try this: put the SD card in your picture in your Mac’s computer SD slot reader and Get Info on the card and the format should display MS-DOS (FAT32)

If it displays the same format it might work; if it doesn’t and if you know how to use Disk Utility, you can erase the SD card and format it as MS-DOS (FAT32) and then try the instructions for a bricked pedal.

this card should be 16GB, purchase it from dodgy amazon, see screenshot
I’ll buy new one tomorrow!

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 23.37.21|584x500

Hello everyone, please check this new card before and after I follow instructions not sure second pictures what it should be, I did put the card after download straight to the pedal and no light on the screen.
I have now spent hours on this thing, can I send this back to the manufactor and get a refund :exploding_head:

Hi, calling shop tomorrow where I purchase the beatbuddy to see what they say. I just look the invoice and bought it back in 12 June 2018 so is out of warranty, *@%±&%$££

Thanks everyone

Jay may offer to talk you thru the recovery process and if that doesn’t work, take him up on his offer to send you a recovery SD card in the mail.

not sure what you mean by talk me thru the recovery process but would prefer a recovery SD card sent to me to try