Pedal Power for the Beat Buddy

I would amend this by saying that, in my experience, it’s not the 1 Spot itself, but the daisy-chaining that is the problem. I haven’t found any differences in noise/interference when using the BB’s native power supply, a 1 Spot on its own, or an isolated power output from my TrueTone/1 Spot CS7.

It’s good to know there is a backup if the beatbuddy power supply dies at a gig. It may be noisy, but it will make it through the evening.

Ok. I have figured out something with the Voodoo PP+2… I ordered their “current doubler” adapter… (NOT VOLTAGE!)
By plugging in this adapter into the 5&6 slot (which are 250ma each), it powers the BB perfectly (and silently)…
While searching for options and looking at adapters on their page, they actually list this adapter as “often being used in the 5&6 slot for a 500ma pedal”… lol…
In my test of just having this and the looper powered up, it worked great. Because I had to dedicate two ports to the BB, I had to double up on a couple other ports but I used their special splitter cables for that as well…
Once I confirm that it all works together nicely, I’ll post some pics… :slight_smile:
But it’s looking very promising so far!