"Personal Jesus" with synthesizer

Thanks Phil appreciate that!

Thank you Lanny, Iā€™ll give it a go later

Wow, sounds awesome Lanny, thank you again for sharing!!

Can you sent me : everyone wants to rule the world grom tears for tears? Thanks

Sure thing! Sorry for the delay.

Iā€™ve included the MIDI file in case you want to make any improvements. There are only partial keys in the drum kit. I play some keys with my feet, which is why I didnā€™t program complete key parts. The electronic bass in the kit isnā€™t great either. I plan on improving it some day, and when I do, I will re-upload here to Resources.

Lan

1 Like

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
I downloaded the DM beat and it plays and sounds great. I have one newbie question: When i start the song/beat with the pedal, is it meant to let play start to finish? Or, put another way, are there no parts change between with the pedal (like what the factory songs do)?
thanks again

As an aside, what are you using to do this?

As for playing keys with my feet, I use the Keith McMillen 12-Step MIDI controller. I plug it into my iPad using an iPad USB adapter. You can use any MIDI-capable synth app on the iPad, and you can program each foot key to play single note or chords of your choice. I primarily use the Korg iM1 app, because it is very flexible in terms of sounds and key mapping. I also sometimes use the Arturia iMini app for its arpeggiator (mainly for Duran Duran songs that we play). I plug the iPad into our PA from the iPadā€™s headphone jack, and the synth sounds nice and full. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Here is me playing the iM1 synth using the foot controller:

Here is me using the iMini arpeggiator using the foot controller:

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m glad you like the song. Thatā€™s correct, this one just plays from start to finish, with no parts changes. My duo partner and I have found it much easier to play live with single-play songs, because if I accidentally miss changing a drum part in the middle of a song, it can throw the whole song off. However, I realize that multi-part songs can still be useful for certain purposes.

2 Likes

Wow, interesting stuff. I didnā€™t know this existed!

Thanks for taking the time to put the information together.

2 Likes

Nice job guys! LOVED the Duran Duran song!! OMG that was fun to listen to. Great sound! Nice mix.

The Baker Street tap dance was fun to see too! LOL. Are you at an Applebees in the video? Need ā€œSax patchā€ on your guitar pedal. (wink wink) Excellent!!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind comments! :slight_smile: Weā€™re not at an Applebees, just a local pub. I will tell my guitarist that he needs a sax patch! I do think his acoustic solos covering the sax part are sort of weak.

AMAZING cover of Rio. great job

Thank you!

Hi Lanny, what a great selection. I canā€™t find Rio in the resource section. May I have a DB link to these beats and any kits required please?
Great work and many thanks.

Thank you, Twig. Here is Rio:

You could probably use any drum kit you want, however I designed a drum kit (included) which has some very subtle synth in the bridge of the song. I hope it works for you!

Lan

Hi Lan, thank you very much for the excellent Drum Kit and MIDI file for Rio, it is excellent my wife and I are really enjoying jamming to it. Love the subtle synth pads under the bridge too.

1 Like

Sweet! Iā€™m glad you like it. Itā€™s a fantastic song. :slight_smile:

Lan