Phil Collins Kit

Yes, there will be plenty more of great-sounding content available (currently in production). You’ll hear BeatBuddy play beats and sounds you haven’t heard him play before :slight_smile:
Realistically, I’d say late Jan/ Feb 2015. We’ll be sure to keep everybody informed once we know it for sure.

What will it cost to buy a new drum kit?

Money I guess.
Anyways, it’s too early to discuss details.

@DavidE What would be a fair price in your opinion?

Is this what we can use the $50 coupons that were included with the BeatBuddy for?

Cheers

Richard

@neophytte Any $50 coupon you received is for purchase of physical goods at myBeatBuddy.com. We have not offered any coupons for digital goods yet.
Cheers, Richard!

Thanks @GoranGrooves , can you clarify what this coupon is for then:

http://neophytte.mine.nu/forum/simpleforum_files/attachments/GGCoupon.jpg
Cheers

Richard

Sure, Richard. Thanks for sharing it. Now I know exactly what you are talking about :slight_smile: The coupon you are referring to are for using the services of GoranGrooves and True Fire. They were displayed further down the IndieGoGo page:

20% that I offered is for custom-recorded Premium Drum Tracks through GoranGrooves. These are not midi loops, but actual full-length audio drum recordings specifically to your music, as if you went into a studio to record drums. You would have gotten a coupon for this inside your BeatBuddy box. I believe that Truefire coupon was emailed digitally (as was GoranGrooves coupon) to all campaign supporters.

@GoranGrooves - thanks for clarifying that!!

Cheers

Richard

Happy to introduce to you:
https://soundcloud.com/mybeatbuddy/phil-colins-inspired-drum-set-demo

Coming up soon to the BeatBuddy Library!

Great!!

Hi Goran, also checked out your Gig Basics beat on the above link, love them! Assume they will come with fills, transitions, intro, outro? Look forward to purchasing them

It is here, gentleman (and any ladies snooping around):
http://mybeatbuddy.com/library/drum-sets/phil-colins-inspired/

http://d2a5nozo54kjm6.cloudfront.net/library/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/BeatBuddy-Phil-Colins-Inspired-set.jpg?db51e1

Even though we haven’t officially announced the launch of the library, it has been up and running for the past 10 days.
@Papaya The gig basics package is also available and one of the best selling ones. It comes with fills, intros, outros:

http://mybeatbuddy.com/library/drum-beats/gig-basics/

Enjoy!

If it is operational then it should be announced, keeping this quiet is unproductive and creates a rumor mill.

It will be soon. As soon as the newest features for the software are release (undo/ redo) and tested to make sure everything works well, we will send a blast email announcing it. We were expecting to do this 2 weeks ago, but are hoping for next week. Believe me, I am itching to let the whole world know :slight_smile:

You and everyone else, I am amazed at the Jazz Kit and Drum beats it sounds so realistic but I suspect there is some clever programming going on that will not translate well to other midi files. Look forward to the announcement in the mean time more and more people will hear about this and will start using it, but now at least we know that it is operational and that the items are available and for sale. :slight_smile:

Just bought some of you new drum sets and associated new beats. Most excellent!
Suggestion, it would be great if you could put together a set of “songs” to highlight each beat and associated drum set. Would make sampling and looking for that perfect sound faster. Thanks for good and affordable add ons.

@Papaya Glad you like the new beats and sets. Thank you. We will have actual song packages, such as “Best of xyz” or Top 40. We will be conducting surveys to find out what songs/ bands users want the most and creating those.

@Psalm40 Thank you! I am quite happy how the Jazz Brushes kit came out. It does feature a clever system for it to work, but nothing additional to what the BeatBuddy already does. Files that will play well with them are the ones that contain a ride cymbal beat. Due to the nature of playing Jazz with brushes, only those beats will translate well. Sweeps are used instead of the ride cymbal. There is nothing special about the MIDI files. As with any other beat / drum set combination, some will work well and some won’t.

And only because we haven’t sent out an email announcing the library yet, doesn’t mean it is a secret. Feel free to spread the word. :wink:

Just did a quick version of In The Air Tonight for those who want to try out their phil collins kit.

In The Air Tonight.sng

Thanks for the reply Goran, what I had in mind what actually something very basic to allow users to hear the new files without having to use another program than the Beatbuddy Manager. For example, in the Ballads, I’ve used the Ballad Beats 1 a) b) c) along with a sampling of the fills to create Ballad Song 1. I then continued with Ballads Beats 2 etc…etc…until I had all the ballad beats and fills in a “Ballad sample songs folder” so I can listen to samples and pick which part I need for a “real song”. Very similar to what already came with the BeatBuddy for the other beats. Your other offering of “real songs” will also be welcomed however when available. Keep up the good work!