Play/stop button latency because of release configuration

Hey David,

I’m not sure if many people are using the looper in non-live situations, but I am only using the looper in live situations. Could you explain what the advantage would be to have a second of audio to be played before the song is cleared? It seems like turning down the volume every time that I want to foot clear a loop would be a major hassle.

It is completely necessary for my applications to have the ability to foot control the clear aspects of the unit. I lay down multiple loops a night that I clear during the course of whatever song I’m playing, and I can’t bend down every time I want to clear, or have one second of audio play before the loop is cleared (with the only way around this turning down the volume).

I play 150+ solo gigs a year and the looper is an integral part of my solo performances. I lay all of my loops down live, so I typically do that within one freeform song, and erase and create within the framework of that song. Right now, the Aeros’ functionality for me is similar to a basic looper. I’ve been using one track to lay down loops, lay overdubs, and stop and clear. I have noticed the latency in the stop all switch when I reintroduce a loop, but I have somehow gotten around this with a very quick tap.

I’m super hopeful to see synced tracks and the ability to go to another part of a song seamlessly in the future. I plan to integrate the Beat Buddy into performances a little more in the future, but right now I need a freeform mode looper that will give me these synced tracks, while having an ability to easily clear loops, and seamless (non-poppy, laggy) integration between loops.

I’m really hoping that I made the right choice with the Aeros. Maybe I missed the mark, but is this looper not really created for solo acoustic performers? Based on some of the comments I’m seeing I’m beginning to worry that perhaps this looper is not the right looper for my needs. Based on my needs, do you think it will get there?

3 Likes

@Khicks79 Sounds like this feature would not be for you … and you would leave the setting disabled. The reason is to allow an option to have stop/start work immediately on button down, not button up.

It would be an option to setup a the Aeros to do it, and I suspect it would not do that unless you changed a default setting. It would only do this when doing the clear when the Aeros is stopped. If you hit clear while it was playing, this would not happen.

The hands free way to avoid the sound would be to turn down the level from the scrollwheel before clearing (or clear while the Aeros is playing already).

This would be great. Not sure I’d want fade for the next part, but definitely for stop. Undo/redo could be useful … until you made a mistake and had to wait to fix.

I am +1 on having the stop/start button work immediately on button down. There is a an extremely small lag in my performances when I reintroduce the loops during songs. The only current workaround I’ve had success with, is an extremely quick tap.

@DavidPackouz very happy to see the update with the synced tracks. The start and stop button appears to be working better too, is that just in my imagination, or were there some changes made? Seems like things are moving in the right direction :slight_smile: I’m excited about the future with the Aeros! Thanks.

1 Like

@Khicks79 I’m glad you’re happy with the new update :smiley: we’ve been working really hard on it.

We didn’t change the start/stop button functionality yet – though I believe that with the reduced forgiveness lag we implemented, that may have reduced the lag of the button (I’ll have to double check on that), so maybe that’s what you’re experiecing. We do plan to make the setting to have the option on the downpress as I mentioned earlier to have instant play/stop. But as I mentioned, if you have it set on the downpress, then the hold command to clear the song will cause a fraction of a second of audio to be played (playback would start immediately on the downpress and stop as soon as the Aeros detects the hold after 0.3 seconds).

Another option would be to have a MIDI command to clear the song – then you can use a MIDI controller (like the MIDI Maestro) to clear the song .

We’re continuing to work to make it even better!!!

2 Likes

With the new firmware, we implemented the stop/change parts at the end of the longest loop setting. We do plan on making a fade out setting in the next few months.

I would imagine that undo/redo should be immediate since it’s used to correct mistakes. Mute/Unmute will have a End of Measure / End of Loop setting soon.

2 Likes

Keep up the good work @DavidPackouz ! In my opinion this is a great pedal that has the potential to be epic with further increased functionality and midi control. There seems to be a good momentum with the updates and the way you guys are taking in feed back is very nice to see. Looking forward to jamming with this thing for years to come.

Sounds good! Yes, still noticing the minor lag, I guess it was just a figment of my imagination. I’d be excited to try the downpress option. I have the Aeros in the effects loop of my Grace Felix, so I could just hit the mute button when I clear, to bypass the small amount of playback. Please keep me posted when this will be available. Do you have a current estimated time frame? Thanks for the efforts thus far!

Hi David,

Could you also please implement a MIDI command to clear a specific track number (1-6)? That would be useful.
Any plans to do so?

Best regards,
Pim

3 Likes