Please be honest - will Beatbuddy Manager ever get updated?

As far as I know, it’s necessary to have the kit loaded otherwise you can’t even hear the music. At least in BBm it’s like that

This is especially true for “musical” kits. The OPB type kits map musical notes as instruments that the song is then mapped to.
The BBFF editor will show you those “instruments” as unknown if the kit is not correctly mapped.

Its no problem to me

I cannot seem to get the editor to open my project file, its sees it and stopsatr 94%, or 99%… I have tried a few different ones but it gets to 90 percent very quickly and will sit at 99, overnight in my case.
I have saved a new one to a new location, swithced cards, and launched it with beat buddy manager runningand not running…
What gives? Thanks for this softweare. It will really be a game changer for me.

I have the same problem. Also, I just played a song that was having problems with tempo being erratic. I have a project with 16 gigs that stops at 63%. My guess is that the server has a bandwidth logjam when enough folks try using it at once.

What do you mean by “not correctly mapped?” If the kit is built with notes from other instruments, those instruments are named in the kit. Does you app pull the names from the loaded drum kit, or does it jus5 use pre-set general midi labels? If the latter, this is not really ideal for anyone using custom-built drumkits. The app should pick up the names from the instrument name in the BB drum kit.

Thanks for giving it a try. I have found with some other customers that small inconsistencies in the project are causing an error that stops the project from loading. I am working to fix that.

There is probably a bug in the editor reading your project. I’m working on a fix and will let you know.

2 Likes

Hi Phil

The app pulls the names from the selected kit. If you have a song with the correct kit, then it will show and play all the instruments.
If you don’t have the correct drumset installed/loaded, then it still shows the “lanes” for the instruments but indicates that it is unknown (or, in the screenshot, plays the “shaker” from the loaded drumset)

Dear Singular Sound,

Please purchase this software from this man outright, and release it for free to your customers. This seems to be an opportunity. That is all.

5 Likes

But…SS has been working on the latest, greatest BBM for 7 years and its release is imminent :wink:. How will we know how great it will be if they take the suggested alternate path and don’t release their own work? It’s good to have choice, but I really want to see what SS is capable of.

2 Likes

You got my money. I even ponied up for the bbff app.

Do you plan to eventually plan to create an editor app that may plug into the current bbff app? It would be nice to be able to be able to edit then almost instantly get the actual bb hardware to use the edit. I would even pay for it separate from a subscription.

Thanks Keith

Unfortunately, while nice, that wouldn’t be possible. There’s no way to transmit song information to the BeatBuddy over MIDI (The BBFF app is just an intelligent MIDI controller)
While it’s theoretically possible to build a mobile editor, and I may explore that, you would still need to write that data to the BB SD card.

It is one of our primary focuses right now. We were very careful before starting this new version not to repeat the mistakes of our previous attempts and have consulted with several software experts to make sure we build a solid foundation.

And yet… another 3 years later and still the community has no evidence that any work has taken place. Talk about a pipe dream… making the software easier to use and actually reliable without bugs. But in the meantime, a user @andrew13 was able to develop something that works in a browser and has much of the functionality people have been requesting for a decade. I think SS needs to take a good look at who you’ve hired to work on this project and reexamine your priorities and your communication methods… both of which are lacking.

I love the beatbuddy, but I’ll never buy another SS product again because software development is such a weakness.

4 Likes

I’m not looking to rent software, bad enough all the av programs have played that game for the last decade. Having a browser open to run programs isnt an ideal way to operate, least not my ideal way to operate. Do you have a stand alone alternative?

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion Ben. No, there is no standalone version.

There was an outtro that was not syncing with the song… Thanks to the BBFF, I was finally able to fix that outtro. Being able to fix it to play midway through the outtro is really a good feature. For novices like me who don’t have the skill to program all the drum pieces it is a blessing. Thank you Andrew.

Thanks Alex, I’m really glad you’re finding it useful.

The BeatBuddy Manager Online application is now live, free, and available to the public

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience!

This thread will now be closed

1 Like