Prince - Let's Go Crazy

Hey there - Looking for Let’s Go Crazy by Prince

I work in an elementary school and we are going to stream a live concert for the kids. I was hoping this would be the first song (with changed lyrics)! Would just need the “core” of the song - not the chruchy part at the beginning.

Thanks for your help!

Try this. This is omits the organ intro. I also cut out the ritardanco ending. Uses Rock kit.

Let’s_Go_Crazy.sng (4.5 KB)

Thanks but I was hoping for more of a OPBk verison…if possible,

Excerpt_from_Let’s_Go_Crazy.sng (9.0 KB)

The loop uses Final Lead Synth & Liverpool Bass and has a gradual fade-out

Excerpt_from_Let’s_Go_Crazy.sng (9.0 KB)

Thank you! It has all the pieces I’m looking for and will hopefully suit my purposes.

Just as a heads up, I’m not sure that is the right kit though. Lots of extraneous noises. I’ll use a version of NP StdPBass 63-91 as the bass line is more what I’m hearing in my head!

A 63-91 kit won’t work as a substitute for the Final Lead kit. You’ll need a 0-31 kit. That is, a kit with bass at 0-31. Try Rock & Rick Bass 0-31, or SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31, or SUB-Std Pro SWN Bass 0-31

Thanks for the tip but I liked the bass line playing what was programmed for the keys! The Stax Coffee House kit also as an interesting take on it.

I probably like the bass line more like the keys because I play the keyboard and this will allow me to to the high part in the song. I’ll mess around with it too in Reaper but this gives me the start I was looking for.

As always, I appreciate all the help that has been given - it’s a great community.

Thanks. I love that Coffee House kit. The drum samples were all recorded at home from stuff we had lying around.

1 Like

I did the Stones Factory Girl today using the Coffee House kit. It just reminds how all those tones are stuff we have here. I actually own a hammered dulcimer, but my programmed arrangements are better than anything I can play. I have a 6 string banjo-guitar hanging on the wall not far from my workstation. And, my son noodles on cello - he’s self taught - and that’s what gave me the idea to use a bowed bass.