Problems creating Backing Tracks

I seldom do it for anything but tiny snips. I record and use my own when possible.

So, essentially the same as we do – short clips triggered by a note in the song parts. Long clips with the BB drums can be tricky, but short clips – if they’re recorded at the same BPM as the drums – work just fine. But I THINK the OP was asking if he could record a complete backing track and trigger it from the BB with no drums involved. That should actually be easier.

You could run entirely mixed backing tracks that way without using the drums and midi functions. But I think there are other, better options to do that if that’s how you do all of your songs.

Are we going to get to hear a solo version of Braid? :blush:

I have a similar problem and can’t solve it. I want to add a wav sound to an existing drum kit by saving it as a new drum kit. Then I make a new song, paste in an existing main drum loop. And then edit it to add my extra sound. But I doesn’t play my sound. All seems so logical and easy but nothing works. Also I’m new to MIDI.

Not sure if this helps, but adding the .wav as a note in the drumset isn’t the end of the process. You have to add that note to the MIDI file/drum part to trigger it. And you have to load that drumkit into the song that is going to call the .wav file.

1 Like

There’s a DAMN good chance of that happening, now!!! How are you, my Friend?