Proposed Changes to Forum Organization

Hey Everyone,

I’m planning to go through this week and modify the forum a bit to better accomodate our other products.

This is what I was thinking for general structure:

• Technical Support
    • Aeros Loop Studio Bugs/Help
    • Aeros Loop Studio Feature Request
    • BeatBuddy Bugs/Help
    • BeatBuddy Feature Requests
    • MIDI Maestro Bugs/Help
    • MIDI Maestro Feature Requests
    • Cabli Feature Requests
    • Cabli Help
  • BeatBuddy Resources
    • (this is just the existing resources section, but renamed. Everything else should be unchanged)
  • General Discussion
    • Off Topic
    • Aeros
    • BeatBuddy
    • MIDI Maestro
    • Cabli
  • User Generated Content
    • Drum Kits
    • Beats
    • Requests
    • Videos
    • Songs
    • MIDI Commands
  • Feedback
    • BeatBuddy Reviews and Stories
    • Aeros Reviews and Stories
    • MIDI Maestro Reviews and Stories
    • Cabli Reviews and Stories
  • Announcements
    • Left as is

Any objections or thoughts for improvement?

Also, I just want to add, that this isn’t the full scope of forum changes we plan to make. I want to go through at some point and make the resources and user generated content sections more easy to navigate/search. I just don’t have the time pre-holidays.

6 Likes

Looks good. Of course, the categories are only as good as the data being entered into them.

1 Like

There are several users asking how to make the BeatBuddy work with the AEROS and I expect that there will be similar interest as well with the Maestro. I would suggest other sub-sections for “combined” operations of any combination of the 3 devices. Consider adding these sub-sections to Technical Support and General Discussion. Otherwise, you’ll probably end up with users asking in the General Discussion/Aeros section how to make it work with the BeatBuddy, or the Maestro with the Aeros and/or the BeatBuddy.

Also consider a new section called support that hosts documentation, user guides, software, firmware downloads. Make it easier for users instead of having to go off-site for that stuff.

5 Likes

Something like that seems useful Could just have a single forum for any type of integration. Probably better than having too many categories of all the combinations.

I vote for the name “Grand Unification”.

P.S. Bravo on the reorg. Looks great!

1 Like

I was just thinking that I was going to need to be able filter out topics that aren’t beat buddy related, as I have no interest in the maestro or aeros. This should be great!

@persist

Great point on support docs. Maybe we rename technical support to just support, and adding a documentation sub topic/category for each product.

So rather than this:

• Technical Support
    • BeatBuddy Bugs/Help
    • MIDI Maestro Bugs/Help
    • Cabli Feature Requests
    • Cabli Help

We’d have this:

• Support
    • Aeros Loop Studio Docs and Downloads
    • BeatBuddy Bugs/Help
    • BeatBuddy Docs and Downloads
    • MIDI Maestro Bugs/Help
    • MIDI Maestro Docs and Downloads
    • Cabli Feature Requests
    • Cabli Help
    • Cabli Docs and Downloads
    • Grand Unification Help
    • Grand Unification Feature Requests

@Quad I love the name grand unification, though probably we’ll have to go with something more straightforward for new users. Still if I can I’ll run with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As boring as it is, something like “Device Integration”, “Midi Integration”, or just “Midi” would be better.

1 Like