Question about my setup

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Your set up should be as follows:
Guitar/Instrument>Pedals>Aeros>Amp

Then, if you want to get the guitar to go into the mixer you will need to set up a mic (like an SM57) to pick up the guitar amp and send that to your mixer. Then, plug your BeatBuddy into your mixer separately.

Hope this makes sense!

And if you want the Aeros to sync with the BB, that’s a separate midi connection, BB out, using the breakout cable, to a standard 5 pin midi cable to the Aeros.

1 Like

Very good point yes, the BeatBuddy does not have a standard midi cable input, you must use a female 5 pin MIDI cable (like our MIDI Breakout Cable) and then a male to male MIDI cable that will connect to the “Out” port on your breakout cable and to the “MIDI In” on the Aeros.

1 Like

And since we’re all being helpful, you could use something like a NUX Solid Studio to tap your guitar before the amp so you can play guitar as you have been and rout a signal to the Aeros/PA.

1 Like

Hi!
Sorry there is something I dont understand and would like to understand before buying the Aeros tomorrow for Father’s Day :wink:
I love my amp distortion. How could the Aeros record the distorted sound generated by the amp in loops if this sound comes after the Aeros in the chain? Because the chain is guitar>pedals>Aeros>amp.
Thanks for your feedback.
Sebastien

Hey there, it sounds like a great gift!

The Aeros will playback whatever you send into it, if your amp is after the Aeros, distortion on your amp will affect all sound going into it. If you use distortion pedals, the distorted sound will be coming from the Aeros and will come out the amp, in this case it is better to use the amp clean.

For most versatility you may prefer recording distortion into the Aeros.

Hi. I just received my Aeros looper today. First looper for me. I’m uncertain on a few things. But priority wise, I’m not sure if I’m hooking the looper correctly. I’m using a powered 8 channel mixer. I have a Boss Katana amp. So, I’ve run a line from the out of the looper to an input channel to the mixer (similar idea as plugging in a mic to another channel) And from the mixer a line out (monitor send) back into the input of the looper. I plan on running a line out of the Katana into another input channel on the mixer. That way I can have vocals and guitar amp from the mixer into the looper. Somehow it isn’t working effectively. I do record a vocal to the looper and I can hear it but faintly. I have researched alot of youtube vids. It would be an advantage for someone to show the steps to a newbie looper, from the start, including how to setup the cables, etc. First time use of looper … easy to understand. I see a learning curve coming up. Hopefully not too complicated. Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

Hi All,
Just to add I bought the Aeros on the FATHERS DAY deal.
Thanks SS.
Also just to say I took the step having read and followed this forum posts both good and bad.I put my faith in SS on their responses and also the level minded posters.
A total newbie to looping but have an underused BB.
Received the Aeros in super quick time updated firmware to 3.0. I have a feeling I will be in 2x2 mode for a while.
I am in no hurry and enjoying the whole thing.It brings something new to my learning music .

Thank you to all.

1 Like

Hey there,

What is the specific mixer you are using?

From what I understand you are trying to use the Aeros as a send from the Mixer. This can work, knowing more about the mixer will help me see how you could make it work.
In essence, you need to be able to send a signal that is already going into the Mixer into the Aeros.

For this to work you need to connect the Aeros to the Mixer’s “return” input.
The return In is the opposite of the send Out, it is where the Aeros’s signal must come back to in order for this method to work. The amount of “wetness” you give to each channel will decide how loud it is recorded to on the Aeros. You decide how much signal is sent usually by turning up a dial labeled Aux.

Let me know if that made sense.

You should also turn off Main input routing on the Aeros Output this will remove a "phasing effect that happens due to the latency from the Aeros’s Audio to Digital and Digital to Audio process (less than 3ms delay)

You could use a channel for just the Aeros but be sure that you DO NOT turn up the AUX dial on the channel it is on, this will cause a feedback loop (hi-pitched noise).

Hi Brennan. I’m using a Yorkville 810 stereo powered mixer. After spending more time with the Aeros, I’ve now have it working. I’m just getting to know the Aeros. Sometimes it’s a matter of trial and error as you know. Initially I couldn’t get the “click” to sound, but now I have that solved. Thanks for your help and will most likely be contacting you in the future with some other issue. The only singular sound unit I have is the Aeros looper. I’m most likely getting the beat buddy next, and down the road … the maestro. I’ve been following the forum somewhat to keep in touch with what other members have to say and share.

Jeff Dawdy,
Brantford Ontario
Canada

| BrennanSingularSound
July 13 |

• | - |

Hey there,

What is the specific mixer you are using?

From what I understand you are trying to use the Aeros as a send from the Mixer. This can work, knowing more about the mixer will help me see how you could make it work.
In essence, you need to be able to send a signal that is already going into the Mixer into the Aeros.

For this to work you need to connect the Aeros to the Mixer’s “return” input.
The return In is the opposite of the send Out, it is where the Aeros’s signal must come back to in order for this method to work. The amount of “wetness” you give to each channel will decide how loud it is recorded to on the Aeros. You decide how much signal is sent usually by turning up a dial labeled Aux.

Let me know if that made sense.

You should also turn off Main input routing on the Aeros Output this will remove a "phasing effect that happens due to the latency from the Aeros’s Audio to Digital and Digital to Audio process (less than 3ms delay)

Please feel free to ask whenever!

Hey Guys, proud 2 month owner of a BB and just ordered an Aeros, so of course I had a setup question. Is it possible to have my setup be as follows:

Guitar -> Amp -> Aeros (BB) -> Monitor Speakers
where the BB is master to the Aeros using the MIDI breakout cable and 5-pin MIDI cable.

Or could I even route the Aeros back to the Amp (via FX loop) without using external monitor speakers? I just want to be able to change guitar patches via the Amp that are reflected on the Aeros.

Thanks!

When you say “amp,” do you mean “FX Loop?” Because I don’t think you can safely rout speaker level through the Aeros or BB.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Yes, exactly. I have a Fender GTX50 that has an FX (Send/Return) Loop. So that second option was to run the amp into the Aeros and then the Aeros back to the amp via the FX Send and Return. I would like to use different guitar tones on different parts of a song, so I’m thinking I need the Aeros after the amp in the chain.

If the power amp is the only thing behind the FX loop, then that should work.

Hey there,

Yep that sounds like it will work, just send the effects loop into the Aeros and then back into your amp, it should work beautifully!

1 Like

Thanks Brennan! I think that’ll be my setup until I can get some studio monitors. I appreciate the response!

1 Like

Hey Brennan, and how about if this is the chain?
Guitar - Pedals - Strymon Iridium - Behringer UMC404 - Aeros - Mixer
Do you see any issues?

Hey, I answered on your post!