Questions about NOPERC

Hello,
i made changed my drumkit “rock with bass” to “rock with bass noperc” with changig the bass to chokegroup “0” and the instrument to “no percussion”. After this i changed one song as i want him to sound with the bass with drumkit “rock with bass noperc”. When i play it on my midi editor with the output to the beatbuddy everything is fine. When i play it on the beatbuddy the short bass notes are not played!
On another location of the song the same short bass notes are played?

Can any body help me out?

Another question:
do i have to change the settings in my beatbuddy at the section Midi in “notes on”?
I could not hear any differece between on and off?

Werner

What version of the BBM and firmware are you using?

You should not have to change note on/note off settings for the BB pedal.

Firmware 2.04 newest version
BBmgr? but its the actual version

Would you mind zipping the song and posting here so that we can try to figure out what’s wrong?

yes i will do it tomorrow because here in germany its nearly midnight.
Do you need my drumkit “NOPERC” also because with the “percussion” drumkit the notes are playing?

That would be helpful, Werner. Thanks.

Hello persists,
here is the link to download the song and drumkit.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/0ftumsqenakqxsb2ja8cg/AADoLFoJqklJ3sGXkyQZRZ7Ea?dl=0&oref=e&r=AAYLa9V3u6436vTdVmCJ8y5jO_plFkw1tz6iAGsXJGGpM17PcojRD1mvxHHHDE3QZ_aZJuzPoc2Eyy3abvF-L37DUS3jyZmTD-D_Uc9_FU5I4-4ufEOW7dwConFOuT_PNAew49x4qujgQS7DRE7izN39qb3RlHCF4WFvzqUzswphv8erds7mZnZUpEAms-y40vQ&sm=1

My current versions are:

• BBMGR 1.66
  • Firmware 2.04 RC4

I made 2 Tests to show my problem:
Test 1
Playing the song with BBMGR and Drumkit “Rock NOPERC”
timeline 1:17 the notes dont playing
timeline 2:14 the notes are playing as i want it (the notes are exactly the same as at timeline 1:17!)
timeline 3:26 the notes are playing as i want it (the notes are exactly the same as at timeline 1:17!)
timeline 3:45 the notes are playing as i want it (the notes are exactly the same as at timeline 1:17!)

Test 2
Playing the song with BB and Drumkit “Rock NOPERC”
timeline 1:17 the notes are playing very short
timeline 2:14 the notes are playing as i want it (the notes are exactly the same as at timeline 1:17!)
timeline 3:26 the notes are playing as i want it (the notes are exactly the same as at timeline 1:17!)
timeline 3:45 the notes are playing as i want it (the notes are exactly the same as at timeline 1:17!)

Drumkit must be okay because with another drumkit “NOPERC” its the same behaviour.

Can you help me?

Werner

I found and resolved the issue; please check your Inbox.

Summary of the problem: a portion of the song had bass notes of such short duration, that they would not sound properly. As to why this happened, I have no idea—it probably happened in the midi editing process. Compare the bad portion to the good one:
[ATTACH]6375[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6376[/ATTACH]
Ich möchte ein Gottsmannsgrüner Pils, bitte :smiley: